Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
So they claim a 30,000 mile longevity, but how accurate is that really? Do I need to drive like a grandma to achieve it? Or is spirited street driving going to get in that range? (Obviously track use will wreck that number)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Does the 30,000 miles also allow for occasional use of line lock?

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think for a DD, there is no better tire for street driving if you aren't seeing months of freezing temperatures. Excellent in the dry and wet, and amazing treadlife. I expect big things from this one, too. Cost per mile is extremely low for what you get.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
If it's gonna be as black in real life as on those pics :eyebulge:

Anybody's got a link with which (34 I read) sizes they will come in?

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Take my money now Michelin!!!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it's gonna be as black in real life as on those pics :eyebulge:

Anybody's got a link with which (34 I read) sizes they will come in?
Same as the MPSS's i believe? Artciel says they're going for 92%+ of market penetration for sports cars.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Excellent in the dry and wet, and amazing treadlife
I've had Michelines on several cars and "amazing tread-life" isn't how I'd describe them :lol: PS3s on an old hot hatch were dead before 10k miles.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've had Michelines on several cars and "amazing tread-life" isn't how I'd describe them :lol: PS3s on an old hot hatch were dead before 10k miles.
We are specifically talking about the MPSS and its replacement. For a tire of its class, the MPSS do have amazing treadlife. You ran "PS3s on an old hot hatch" and I have run MPSS on this car.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We are specifically talking about the MPSS and its replacement. For a tire of its class, the MPSS do have amazing treadlife. You ran "PS3s on an old hot hatch" and I have run MPSS on this car.
Context. I was using the PS3s on a hot hatch as an example. I've never known HiPo michelins to last a long time.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

MPSS was the first tyre in Michelins lineup to use the new technology whereas they do not wear as quick, especially when hot, for example track driving. The only other Michelin tyres on the market at present with an element of this technology is the new Michelin cup 2 and Michelin PS4 tyres. The PS3 and other tyres do not feature the technology and last nowhere near as long.

I used to track my 911 heavily, here is the use I got out of tyres:

Michelin PS2: 3 trackdays and 6000 miles from the rears.
Michelin cups: 2 trackdays and 3000 miles from the rears.
Michelin MPSS: 8 trackdays and 10,000 miles from the rears.
Pirelli Pzero: 1 trackday and 4000 miles from rears, oh they were bloody aweful on the 911 as well.
Pirelli Corsa: 2 trackdays and 2000 miles from rears, in comparison once warm in the dry these were incredible, even better than cups and were also Porsche factory fitment for GT3.

In short the MPSS had the best wet grip of all the above by quite some margin. In the dry when warm they were beaten by the Pirelli Corsa and Michelin cups. As a road tyre the MPSS was the best of them all, as a track tyre it was also fantastic and only edged out by the two semi-r tyres but it was minimal. The MPSS is an incredible tyre as its pretty much unbeatable as a road tyre for a sports or supercar, is incredible on track and has superb feedback and subjective feel.

So I am indeed looking forward to the PS4 S as it has the long wear characteristics of MPSS but further improvements in dry and wet performance.

If improving your cars handling is important to you, well the most important factor of that equation is the tyres. :)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If i change my new Pzeros, is there a tyre shop who would give me a trade in value for them against the PS4 S?

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
If i change my new Pzeros, is there a tyre shop who would give me a trade in value for them against the PS4 S?
Probably but I bet it wouldn't be a lot. You would probably get more either advertising on here or eBay.
Sponsored