2019 Mustang GT

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Don't really see how that belt will make a difference the belt squeal or squeak usually comes from the side edges of the belt rubbing not the ribs in between. You could always give it a shot and see what happens.
Yeah not really to get rid of noise, but rather to have a new one now, and put the used as a spare in the trunk.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah not really to get rid of noise, but rather to have a new one now, and put the used as a spare in the trunk.
I would just stick to the GATES HD green belt as the tech there said the belt has 25 % stronger tensile strength over the traditional black one. The shorter belt doesn't come in the HD in the K060891 size the next size up is the K060905HD which is 1 inch longer you could easily take up the slack with the adjustable idler. If you want to use the old belt routing get the K061058HD, and yes I always keep a spare belt in the trunk along with the necessary tools to change it on the side of the road.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I would just stick to the GATES HD green belt as the tech there said the belt has 25 % stronger tensile strength over the traditional black one. The shorter belt doesn't come in the HD in the K060891 size the next size up is the K060905HD which is 1 inch longer you could easily take up the slack with the adjustable idler. If you want to use the old belt routing get the K061058HD, and yes I always keep a spare belt in the trunk along with the necessary tools to change it on the side of the road.
We use RPM belts far better than green.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We use RPM belts far better than green.
I did not know that, I have never seen anyone list or sell the RPM belts where I am located.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I did not know that, I have never seen anyone list or sell the RPM belts where I am located.
Yes they were originally blue and marketed for the imports. But these are made for high rpm, high centrifugal forces and Koch more robust then the green which is made for low rpm diesel and tractor applications. Green does work but RPM by Gates is the best serpentine belt available for supercharged apps.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yes they were originally blue and marketed for the imports. But these are made for high rpm, high centrifugal forces and Koch more robust then the green which is made for low rpm diesel and tractor applications. Green does work but RPM by Gates is the best serpentine belt available for supercharged apps.
What's the part number for the RPM Gates belt in long run size?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes I remember Revan racing used to sell them for the GT500 and they were blue in color I didn't know the RPM was the same belt good to know.

Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What part number and for which routing ?

Gates K061066RPM should be the one you want.
Thanks,,,,,,soon as I get my idler ill go with that
Is this for the original routing or the new one ?

Last edited:

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2.9L Whipple S/C
I must be one of the few. Installed my new tensioner and immediately still had a chirp.

I will say, it is significantly better than it was but on a cold start there is a high pitch squeal and chirp which goes away after a minute or two; pretty similar to how the issue was when it first started. When I went to the shorter belt routing, it made the squealing louder and sound like it was coming from more than one source. This noise sounded more like a sound the pulleys would be making, not so much a belt sound - it sounded like a 50 year old motor with rusty parts.

Would going back to the longer belt routing possibly reduce this remaining issue?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I had this problem on my 06 with Saleen SC. It wasn't an issue of anything being out of alignment or rubbing. If that were the case, the noise wouldn't stop when it warmed up. The problem is the belt being cold. I even went to a BGG 8 rib kit. That decreased how often I had to change the belts but had the issue until I sold the car. The best thing I found was using a good high quality belt. I didn't know about the Gates RPM belt, the green was the best I had found. I changed belts every 6 months - 1 year.

tacitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp
What part number and for which routing ?

Thanks,,,,,,soon as I get my idler ill go with that
Is this for the original routing or the new one ?
Gates K060891RPM is for the short belt routing and Gates K061058RPM is for longer routing.
Sponsored