Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of owners have been interested in Tow Hooks for the GT350. I saw this one

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54033

I thought that biggest obstacle to mounting a tow hook in the from was that the bumper is aluminum.

Is this just for show or do you think it is functional?
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Waiting for the titanium one to get released. It looks bad ass

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I installed this on mine last week. The setup is pretty beefy. It does use just two nuts to secure to the bumper beam, but it does mount behind it and the nuts are basically at the bumper support so most of the force would go there it seems like to me and would be tensile force on bolts holding the bumper beam on. The steel mounting plate is something like 3/8" thick and a good 10 lbs. I'm not worried about it.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this on mine last week. The setup is pretty beefy. It does use just two nuts to secure to the bumper beam, but it does mount behind it and the nuts are basically at the bumper support so most of the force would go there it seems like to me and would be tensile force on bolts holding the bumper beam on. The steel mounting plate is something like 3/8" thick and a good 10 lbs. I'm not worried about it.
The website isn't working for me. How much are they running?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That seems like a lot

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
*shrug* CoolTech's were $180 for the Boss. And IMO, this is better built. Also ZL1Addons does have some forum discount codes that you can find on TMO.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
*shrug* CoolTech's were $180 for the Boss. And IMO, this is better built. Also ZL1Addons does have some forum discount codes that you can find on TMO.
I do like how they are making a license plate bracket that fits this. I used a tow hook receiver for a plate bracket on my 370z

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Pic :shrug:

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did you remove the pan or can you access the mounting location with the inner fender removed? Pictures and install experience/lessons appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Install difficulty ?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Did you remove the pan or can you access the mounting location with the inner fender removed? Pictures and install experience/lessons appreciated!!:thumbsup:
I removed the pan. It's a pain because there's no less than 30 screws for all the parts underneath and yes, that does include the middle splitter piece. That said, it wasn't that bad with the front in the air. It's just time consuming.

As for the hook install, I put it on the other side because I didn't want to bother with the temperature sensor on the passenger side. It doesn't take very long but is annoying to maneuver in there. You have to remove a bunch of "one-time" plastic push pins to get part of the rubber radiator shroud off. I really recommend a trim removal fork for this.

Other than that, pretty straightforward but I did it differently than the included instructions.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I removed the pan. It's a pain because there's no less than 30 screws for all the parts underneath and yes, that does include the middle splitter piece. That said, it wasn't that bad with the front in the air. It's just time consuming.

As for the hook install, I put it on the other side because I didn't want to bother with the temperature sensor on the passenger side. It doesn't take very long but is annoying to maneuver in there. You have to remove a bunch of "one-time" plastic push pins to get part of the rubber radiator shroud off. I really recommend a trim removal fork for this.

Other than that, pretty straightforward but I did it differently than the included instructions.
Thanks Matt! The only mounting options are off set to one side or the other or, can you mount it in the middle?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Matt! The only mounting options are off set to one side or the other or, can you mount it in the middle?
The plate has two holes that mounts to either side of the crash supports where an almost swaybar-like support mounts that goes up and over. So yeah, that limits you to either side. This hook is "no modification".
Sponsored