Sponsored

GT350 shifter from MGW almost here...

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
George,

I have an appointment Friday to have my shifter installed. Would you recommend I wait?
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I haven't installed mine yet - received it last week. Should I also wait? Probably eh?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Wow, great to hear you are working on a solution so quickly! I'm very impressed.

That said, I do have a question. I recently purchased an MGW shifter from Lethal Performance and received it last week. I have not opened the box. I am having the shifter installed by a professional shop in February. Do you recommend me waiting to install the shifter until a solution is out so in the 10% chnace I am one of the few I don't have to bring the car back in? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.
Open the box. Familiarize yourself with the unit. Install the shifter as have many others, without issue. If you happen to have an issue, then look into a solution.

I have an early unit in mine - zero issues. It is easily one of the best features of the car now, along with the dual-mode exhaust and rev-happy engine.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Epiphany -

If we happen to have an issue, to fix it, would we have to take it back into a shop, have them drop the transmission a bit and do the whole thing? I think some guys might want to wait due to the cost of having to do it twice (albeit I know not the entire thing twice).

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then nobody will be installing one. If you have a good shop they'll recognize any misalignment on installation but it'd be a good idea to have them pay attention to details on the install.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then nobody will be installing one. If you have a good shop they'll recognize any misalignment on installation but it'd be a good idea to have them pay attention to details on the install.
Noted.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just had an idea.... Would it not be easier/safer to remove the driveshaft to gain access to that area rather than lowering the transmission and risking damage to the engine mounts? I watched a few videos of driveshaft installations in regular mustang gt and it looks straightforward.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are only lowering the rear of the trans down a few inches. That means very little twist at the source or pivot, in this case, the front mounts.

Removing the driveshaft gives you a little more room aft of the transmission but the room you need is atop the transmission, hence the need to tilt it down a bit.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any updates regarding the fix for the shifter addressing the vibration problem?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I got an email notification and had to come and figure out what vibration you guys were talking about. I guess I'm in the 90% that hasn't had any issues. That seriously sucks. I can't even imagine driving this car without this shifter installed anymore.

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
fyi for those that have the jpm coachworks shifter boot that they preinstalled on a new bezel for you, you're going to have to trim down a little bit furthar on the shifter collar than george shows in his video due to how much glue was used.

I installed mine today, going slow, watching every stepo on my tablet as I installed everything.

It took me about 90 minutes. I also removed my exhaust and driveshaft ( because my CF driveshaft shows up tomorrow).

Removing the exhaust and driveshaft makes all of that hand yoga that george does in his video completely unnecessary.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates regarding the fix for the shifter addressing the vibration problem?
I had emailed George on Friday and he replied should be done around the end of the month

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
The upgrade kits have already shipped out and the second batch shifters are being assembled now...

Here are some pics and knob options for you guys...

George
MGWGT350.jpg
MGWGT350GRIPPERKNOB2.jpg
MGWGT350KNOBCHOICES.jpg
MGWGT350GRIPPERKNOB1.jpg
MGWGT350CLASSICBALL1.jpg
MGWGT350STOCKKNOB1.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
George,
Are you sending updated parts to everyone that has the original version?
I sent you a pm a week or so ago never heard back. I know your busy.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
George,
Are you sending updated parts to everyone that has the original version?
I sent you a pm a week or so ago never heard back. I know your busy.
Voodoo - I sent an email in directly to them and Julie responded that same day (or the next) - they sent my kit out this week. That might be your best option bro.

[email protected]
Sponsored