Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I love my heated seats, and they work great for this time of year.
The cooling i'm not so enamoured with but not too sure we really need it in the UK.
I like both features; the warm seats are nice on a winter morning (but to be honest the seat warms up fairly quickly anyway.)

I do find the cooled seats a really nice luxury feature - and I was very pleased to have them when it was 36C in Germany last August!
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It has a feature called 'quick clear' rather than 'heated windscreen'. Basically meant to clear the windscreen super fast. :thumbsup:! Mines only had ice once, so I can't really comment as it is in a garage overnight or if it's outside has a cover on it (usually).
However the ice I did have was thick and took about5 minutes to clear with deicer, which I was mildly impressed with!
"Quickclear" is what Ford calls it's heated windscreens. Pay attention.
2017-01-19.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"Quickclear" is what Ford calls it's heated windscreens. Pay attention.
Ah, well, whatever they call it then :lol:. It demists fairly well though, point stands that for just ventilated I've found it good, my corsa took literally 25minutes to demist. :frusty:

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Appalling again. Not the Mustang this time though, brand new Transit broken down in less than 100 miles. AA out yesterday and said you will need to take it in. Started it this morning and it was going nowhere.
Lost a days work waiting for them to come and take it away :mad:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Appalling again. Not the Mustang this time though, brand new Transit broken down in less than 100 miles. AA out yesterday and said you will need to take it in. Started it this morning and it was going nowhere.
Lost a days work waiting for them to come and take it away :mad:
That sucks! I have a transit custom (63 plate) and it's been brilliant so far done 95k miles in the 3 years I have had it. Only issue I have is a underpowered battery.

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have booked my car in for the 13th at Ford in Portsmouth.
They are looking at my passenger seat as it has a horrible crease in it and it's annoying me and also looking at the wind noise from drivers mirror.

I asked who would be driving the car and told the master tech and not some 19 year old... although I don't know who the master tech is so makes no difference really. Also told them not to clean it!

I know I shouldn't be but I'm really worried about leaving the car with them I just know something's going to happen!

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Have booked my car in for the 13th at Ford in Portsmouth.
They are looking at my passenger seat as it has a horrible crease in it and it's annoying me and also looking at the wind noise from drivers mirror.

I asked who would be driving the car and told the master tech and not some 19 year old... although I don't know who the master tech is so makes no difference really. Also told them not to clean it!

I know I shouldn't be but I'm really worried about leaving the car with them I just know something's going to happen!
Get a dash cam with parking mode. It's quite an eye opener, and in my experience, a great deterrent to mucking about. I've heard them say more than once, be careful what you say, the car's got a dash cam :thumbsup:

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Phoned the dealer up to see if the replacement for my hippo puddle light was in (supposedly ordered in December at 1st service)

Guess what? They hadn't ordered it.

Service manager did so and it will be here tomorrow.

Well done again Bristol Street.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just collected car from Hendy Portsmouth.

Got to say I'm actually impressed. Was kept up to date all day.
They will be ordering me a new seat cover under warranty (when they can find the part number :lol:) and apparently they have adjusted the door/glass to stop wind noise.
I'm not overly confident the noise has gone and didn't get chance to test it due to traffic but we shall see.
I reset the trip to see if they pissed about and they did a total of 20 miles over 2 road tests and managed 22mpg so it doesn't seem like they fucked around.

Overall I'm actually happy right now with the service received. I wasn't expecting to write a good report to be fair. Will teach me not to tarnish everyone with the same brush ha.

Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Get a dash cam with parking mode. It's quite an eye opener, and in my experience, a great deterrent to mucking about. I've heard them say more than once, be careful what you say, the car's got a dash cam :thumbsup:
All I get at my dealer is "I gotta turn this thing off" followed by some faffing around and then the camera goes off (when they rip the cord out of it lol)

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
All I get at my dealer is "I gotta turn this thing off" followed by some faffing around and then the camera goes off (when they rip the cord out of it lol)
Yeah I worked at a dealer and the boss told me to turn off any dashcams in the car.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Dropped mine off today at Burns Ford Congleton for its service and inspection for warranty work on the rear brakes. I also mentioned the underseal to them or lack off. ;)

They acknowledged it and said they'd take photos and email and pursue Ford to get the underseal done correctly.

Had a couple of follow up phone calls on that they are working on the car and it shall be ready to collect this afternoon, they also acknowledged that due to it being so low and having RTR side skirts they were putting it on one of their flat ramps to prevent any damage to the skirts. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

Dropped mine off today at Burns Ford Congleton for its service and inspection for warranty work on the rear brakes. I also mentioned the underseal to them or lack off. ;)

They acknowledged it and said they'd take photos and email and pursue Ford to get the underseal done correctly.

Had a couple of follow up phone calls on that they are working on the car and it shall be ready to collect this afternoon, they also acknowledged that due to it being so low and having RTR side skirts they were putting it on one of their flat ramps to prevent any damage to the skirts. :)
Sounds all good buddy! hopefully they get the parts quicktime, so she's ready for the meet :)!

Sounds like they're taking care of the car too, which is good!!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Sounds all good buddy! hopefully they get the parts quicktime, so she's ready for the meet :)!

Sounds like they're taking care of the car too, which is good!!!

Well they checked parts availability yesterday, nothing in stock, shall see what the update is later, how Ford are not carrying items such as brakes though on stock is really shockingly poor.

Every single Ford dealership in the UK should have the following on the shelf:
- correct oil
- oil filters
- air filters
- brake disc
- brake pads
- pollen filter

Other items such as calipers, clutch kits should be available from an EU hub on a maximum of 5 day leadtime.

It really is the very basics! Still lets see what the update is when I collect the car. :)
Sponsored