Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What do you guys/gals think of the start/stop engine feature?

Do you think there will be a way of disabling it, either temporarily or permanently?
It's the way of the future... it can be disabled.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nice choice Bender! Gonna be a nice looking truck! Won't be long now. Please post some pics when you get her in

Yeah, I'll be disabling the start stop. I drive very little when I'd like to have that feature.

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
What kinda ADM are y'all seeing on them? I talked to a local Stealership and they wanted 20k over.... Sigh. They did sell all their 350R's for 100-120 though so who knows....
My local dealer had an ADM of $10k on my GT350, which he sold me for MSRP. He currently has a Blue Raptor for $10K ADM, and a Blue Focus RS for $5K ADM.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have an AG SCREW w/ 802A pack as well. My options are the pan roof, heated wheel and rear seats and spray in liner.
Nice combo! Had AG on order changed to OW. SCREW w/802a, heated wheel and rear seats. Got the Ford cover, bed divider. Will get a 21" antenna. Probably do a spray liner and PPF.

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I was going back and forth between black/white/AG. I have a black 14 now, and all of the vehicles I've ever owned have been either black/white/blue. I had mine set on black but seeing some AG ones pop up and they look great. Im still not crazy about the color on the Shelby but the truck pulls it off much better (atleast IMO)

I opted out of the sunroof because I can't stand them. The other little stuff I'll do my own and getting Line-X done locally. I got it done on my 14 days after I brought it home and its been perfect. Even though its mostly covered i've had all sorts of chemicals spill on it, carrying all sorts of stuff and it still looks brand new

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going back and forth between black/white/AG. I have a black 14 now, and all of the vehicles I've ever owned have been either black/white/blue. I had mine set on black but seeing some AG ones pop up and they look great. Im still not crazy about the color on the Shelby but the truck pulls it off much better (atleast IMO)

I opted out of the sunroof because I can't stand them. The other little stuff I'll do my own and getting Line-X done locally. I got it done on my 14 days after I brought it home and its been perfect. Even though its mostly covered i've had all sorts of chemicals spill on it, carrying all sorts of stuff and it still looks brand new
Agreed. The spray-in is a nice feature as 80% of what I throw in it stays put. Will likely get a bed rug to complement it for outdoor activities.

I got the panroof because I plan to eventually drive to Alaska and hopefully end up there eventually and that roof in Alaska will be awesome.

I do think this truck does wear AG much better than the 350, imho.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Haha, yeah, just to keep it from hitting my garage door when I enter. They sell one on Amazon at 21". I can cut the existing one and may just do that. Maybe to 1" above the top of the truck so I can use it as a measurement device when entering unknown origins:)
I would have liked to see the truck in person, especially in AG or LB before I ordered. LB kinda scared me away for keeping it clean looking. That and RR look nice but they don't show the contrast of the magnetic features as well. So I ordered the AG and then figured what the hay might as well match my 350.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Does anyone know if the current generation is having the same issues as the 1st, with popping rear windows using the rear window defrost on a cold day?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Got my allocation at MSRP as well.... SCrew, AG, 802A, Forged Beadlock wheels, Interior color accent pkg, Spray-in bedliner.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my allocation at MSRP as well.... SCrew, AG, 802A, Forged Beadlock wheels, Interior color accent pkg, Spray-in bedliner.
I read somewhere where the beadlock rings were a separate purchase... truth?

Last edited:

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I think that was the case with the first generation. They come from the factory with "beauty rings" and you had to buy the actual ones from Ford or FP. It's probably because FP sells them with a "for off-road use only" disclaimer.