Sponsored

Procharger D1 HO Kit Dyno Chart 4.1 Pulley - Flat power after 6400 RPM

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Then why was Z06psi not have the issue with stock manifolds and cats?

And smokingzx14r flatline at 7k instead of 6400 rpm with and without cats and stock manifold?

You would think flow restrictions with factory exhausts would similiar.
I would agree...unless something came loose inside or damage occurred to something.
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not going to buy a ProCharger until you figure this out. Hopefully they see this thread and chime in. Too bad the tuners aren't vendors on here.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Here is this kit when installed on my 2015 GT performance package car. Same tuner. No fall off up to 7500 rpm. Same exhaust configuration. Stock intake manifold. This car was manual and only running with stock pulley. 9 psi
2015-09-26 21.28.56.jpg

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

And smokingzx14r flatline at 7k instead of 6400 rpm with and without cats and stock manifold?

Unless there was a problem with the cats. They will break down with the extra heat.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I'm not going to buy a ProCharger until you figure this out. Hopefully they see this thread and chime in. Too bad the tuners aren't vendors on here.
It has zero to do with Procharger.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT

You have done everything else so why not this? It's been said from page 1 to check it. Bad gas, carbon build up & a list of other things could be the culprit of a cat going bad, not to mention the heat of your FI setup. It is worth it to delete them anyway, not only losing the restriction/back pressure but your freeing up hp even without upping the boost, it just makes everything about your setup more efficient.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I see you are in Hickory NC, nice area I worked near there alot in Huntersville at the nuclear plant. You have emissions so I can understand about keeping the cats now. There are ton of performance shops that will help you get through the emissions test in that area. But there is also a company that makes cats just for FI cars, I will try to dig it up for you. But regardless of what you decide on a clogged cat can destroy your motor especially under boost so I would definitely be looking into it.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
You have done everything else so why not this? It's been said from page 1 to check it. Bad gas, carbon build up & a list of other things could be the culprit of a cat going bad, not to mention the heat of your FI setup. It is worth it to delete them anyway, not only losing the restriction/back pressure but your freeing up hp even without upping the boost, it just makes everything about your setup more efficient.
I don't know where to get the cats inspected. So its not that I don't want to, just don't have a source to do this. The car only has 5k miles on it. And only 3500 with the Procharger. Mostly highway miles just poking around. So I honestly don't think that's the issue. But it's a feasible possibility, just not likely in my mind. Once I find a way to do it, I'll check them out just in case.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I don't know where to get the cats inspected. So its not that I don't want to, just don't have a source to do this. The car only has 5k miles on it. And only 3500 with the Procharger. Mostly highway miles just poking around. So I honestly don't think that's the issue. But it's a feasible possibility, just not likely in my mind. Once I find a way to do it, I'll check them out just in case.
My cats were fine for 3000 miles , then I upped the boost a few pounds and had it retuned ( 7 or 8 dyno pulls to do the new tune )..First trip to the 1/8 track and on the 3rd pass and I blew the cats out ... You could not see behind me when I left the line ..I'm making right at 640 HP and 580 TQ now .. My dyno chart has the HP climbing up nicely till it hit 7K , after 7k to 7400 it goes flat , meaning it doesn't go up or down in HP ... My tuner said short term fuel trims were showing signs of running out of fuel at 7k .. I have id1000s and a BAP , So I don't get why it would be running out of fuel .. I also don't get why I have so much TQ down low ... The other procharger guys are not seeing 580 TQ at the numbers I'm seeing ..You might say it's cam timing but my cam timing is stock .. We tried to move them around but didn't pick up anything so we left them stock .. My timing is set to 18 Maxed out , tuner didn't want to push it anymore than 18 deg ..

P/S looking at my cats once I had them off the car I could not see any damage ..

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
i vote cats... i have a stock intake with a procharger @16psi with a p1sc power climbs to 7500

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I don't know where to get the cats inspected. So its not that I don't want to, just don't have a source to do this.
Sure you do. Google something along the lines of "cell phone snake camera" and choose one of the 63 billion or so results you'll get. Order one, and make it one of the longer ones you'll find so you can for sure reach down to the top of the converter material. Wait a week or so for it to arrive, hook this modern wonder of technology to your phone, and take your headers loose from the cylinder heads. Snake that SOB on down there and see what the hell's going on. Does it look like the center of the sun itself was perched on top of your converter substrate, blowing hell through them? Or do they look pretty much normal, i.e. not melted to shit and back? Ding! Problem solved, and now you also own a tool to look into cylinders without removing heads, check inside charge piping for obstructions, look in your walls to see where pipes run, etc etc. It'll set you back a grand total of less than $30, or approximately one trillionth the cost of burning your shit up because of melted converters.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is a video of Toothless's boost gauge as mentioned. I am hosting it on my Youtube channel. Unsure why there was no sound with it

[ame]

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sure you do. Google something along the lines of "cell phone snake camera" and choose one of the 63 billion or so results you'll get. Order one, and make it one of the longer ones you'll find so you can for sure reach down to the top of the converter material. Wait a week or so for it to arrive, hook this modern wonder of technology to your phone, and take your headers loose from the cylinder heads. Snake that SOB on down there and see what the hell's going on. Does it look like the center of the sun itself was perched on top of your converter substrate, blowing hell through them? Or do they look pretty much normal, i.e. not melted to shit and back? Ding! Problem solved, and now you also own a tool to look into cylinders without removing heads, check inside charge piping for obstructions, look in your walls to see where pipes run, etc etc. It'll set you back a grand total of less than $30, or approximately one trillionth the cost of burning your shit up because of melted converters.
I sense....sarcasm...... :lol: