Boomba Racing Rear Vertical Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
How long to install and would it mess with my alignment?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Are they noiser because of the different type of bushing? Put me down for the blue ones? I would like to try them out .

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Just noticed you said they are out. Im.just curious if they are noisy. I've had sepherical rod ends before super noisy. They where lower control arms tho. Not these

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Any weight differences between these and the stock ones?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
What other parts compliments these in the rear suspension for improved perf, but still little nvh increase and drive-able on the street?
At the moment, these are the only piece we sell for your rear suspension. We should be coming out with more in the near future.

Why not spherical?
We found the NVH from this to be a littler heavier than most would like.

Do you have a Canadian outlet?
At this time we do not have any Canadian distributors however we do ship to Canada!

Installation should take under an hour and should not require an alignment.

Just noticed you said they are out. Im.just curious if they are noisy. I've had sepherical rod ends before super noisy. They where lower control arms tho. Not these
There is no real increase in NVH from these links through what we've found in our testing and local customer testing.

Any weight differences between these and the stock ones?
We'll have to weigh the pieces and compare, but I believe our design is slightly lighter than stock.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I also am curious if you need to align the car when swapping these for the factory one's.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
He said no on the post above yours.

I am interested in these since I'm starting to get annoyed about how the car skips out of turns over any bumps. I've never driven any other Mustangs other than my 1965 with a worn out suspension but it's that same feeling but more dampened.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
As far as alignments go:

Since these are made to the same size as stock and there isn't really any adjust-ability in the piece, there should be no need to get an alignment since you're not unbolting your control arm or anything like that. However it never hurts to get your alignment checked after doing suspension work on a vehicle.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Ordered in blue. I will post pictures once installed. :cheers: My first step on my long journey of upgrading the IRS.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Install was easy, about 30-min. Boomba included a bottle opener in the box which I thought had something to do with the installation of these things and I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how in the world it would help, haha. Then I realized, when I decided to open another brew, that it was a bottle opener. Really was not happy that Boomba didn't include anything that told me the torque specs for each bolt so I went to trusty YouTube (129 bottom, 76 top - apparently). There were no instructions on Boomba's site that I could find (on my iPhone). Suggestion: include a sheet with torque specs, please. Very important. Also wish a smaller washer was included for the top bolt. That big one from the factory looks kind of goofy and makes me think I installed it wrong somehow, but judging by Boomba's own pictures I think I did it right. I mean, this wasn't rocket science. All in all, I think a good value. Makes the back end feel a bit more planted, especially accelerating and turning the inside wheel doesn't hop (as much, sometimes not at all) which is a nice benefit. To be honest, I'd rather have a spherical bearing vs. poly but I can't swing that right now and I think these will be fine for me. No NVH, honestly things feel "smoother" now. Can't explain that. As you can see, my Walmart Stanley tools I had to use because all of my stuff is in storage (in-between places) really scuffed up the bolts. I hate using cheap shyte tools but I really just wanted to install something on my car while I sit at my uncle's house with NOTHING to do until I can move into my new place. Womp womp...
IMG_2630.jpg

Sub-Moa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
Just bought a set. What swayed me was the price along with no added NVH. I'll let everyone know what I think after I have some time with them. Biggest worry I have is they don't look as built as the Steeda or BMR vertical links. With that said, these look way more built than the stock vert links so we'll see...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.