wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Underseal

Thanks for the pictures Manders. It looks like I will be getting the underseal done by my Ford garage when the Ford Racing cat back it fitted. Also thanks to all the posts from the forum on the matter. I am sure it won't get any better.:ford:
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Thanks for the pictures Manders. It looks like I will be getting the underseal done by my Ford garage when the Ford Racing cat back it fitted. Also thanks to all the posts from the forum on the matter. I am sure it won't get any better.:ford:
Can anyone say what sort of cost I should expect for getting the under seal redone properly

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'll find out about the state of mine when it goes to have its exhaust fitted in a couple of weeks. I'm not expecting it to be any better than anyone else's however. I know there's some present cos I can smell it... ;)

I'll have it done retrospectively at my own cost if necessary (and I suspect it will be) but its not going to stop me driving the car now.

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This day and age the underseal should be done properly by Ford and in my opinion as a non expert it looks like a joke and complete waste of time.
Perhaps they want us to buy more Mustangs and are speeding up the rotting away process....

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
How many people are raising this with their salesperson? If it is so bad it isn't covering anything then they either need to fix it or at least do something about it. With the amount of salt and crud on the roads over winter anyone using the car all year will get problems sooner than they think.

I don't expect to have to pay to have it done out of my own pocket on a new main dealer car. If importing yourself then sure but supplied by Ford it is their problem to sort. The issue is that the margin in the car will barely cover the cost of the work.

[MENTION=20606]j-rowe14[/MENTION] what are your thoughts as a Ford representative? Have any of your delivered cars been brought back for work and if not what would your/your dealerships stance be? Is the work we are seeing up to standards that you would accept?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Individuals taking it up with individual dealers is not going to result in much joy, imo. A dealer is not going to foot the bill so it would need to be sanctioned as warranty work by Ford UK. For that we'd need to get them to agree the work is sub-standard/unacceptable.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Surely it would be more difficult for them to say the undercoating is satisfactory than for us to show it is sub-standard? Unless im missing something?

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
How many people are raising this with their salesperson? If it is so bad it isn't covering anything then they either need to fix it or at least do something about it. With the amount of salt and crud on the roads over winter anyone using the car all year will get problems sooner than they think.

I don't expect to have to pay to have it done out of my own pocket on a new main dealer car. If importing yourself then sure but supplied by Ford it is their problem to sort. The issue is that the margin in the car will barely cover the cost of the work.

[MENTION=20606]j-rowe14[/MENTION] what are your thoughts as a Ford representative? Have any of your delivered cars been brought back for work and if not what would your/your dealerships stance be? Is the work we are seeing up to standards that you would accept?

[MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] , I'm sure we'd be interested in Ford's stance on this if you'd kindly oblige?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Surely it would be more difficult for them to say the undercoating is satisfactory than for us to show it is sub-standard? Unless im missing something?
From the pictures posted it's clearly sub-standard but if they take the stance that they're happy with it and any problems will be dealt with under warranty then what do we do (is it the 12 year perforation warranty that would cover this)?

[MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] , I'm sure we'd be interested in Ford's stance on this if you'd kindly oblige?
Not too sure how often Andy looks in and from personal experience also not sure he checks his notifications. I imagine he's pretty busy. Might be worth someone still in communication with Karen/Stacey raising the issue as they seem to work closely with him?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
From the pictures posted it's clearly sub-standard but if they take the stance that they're happy with it and any problems will be dealt with under warranty then what do we do (is it the 12 year perforation warranty that would cover this)?

Not too sure how often Andy looks in and from personal experience also not sure he checks his notifications. I imagine he's pretty busy. Might be worth someone still in communication with Karen/Stacey raising the issue as they seem to work closely with him?

[MENTION=19216]kjb1906[/MENTION]

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
As soon as I heard about the mass sprayings in Zeebrugge I knew it was a big botch job.

Mine is shit and mainly on the exhaust. This should be the subject of a recall.

j-rowe14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James Rowe
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I don't know about this issue from a dealership point of view. Haven't had any come back asking about this. Suppose will just have to wait and see.
Sorry not a very definate answer.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The thing to remember is that of the probable 1200 delivered cars only a handful are on these forums and only a section of them are bothered. Most new owners would just assume that everything is OK. Doubt it would even register as an issue with the dealerships...

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
I don't know about this issue from a dealership point of view. Haven't had any come back asking about this. Suppose will just have to wait and see.
Sorry not a very definate answer.
Thanks for at least trying to answer. Would you be able to ask your dealer principle or service manager if by would consider it as something they may submit to Ford UK for warranty work? I understand they would need authorisation but would a dealer even submit a lack of underseal as a warranty request?

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Un believably BAD.. My god.. The 50 years of Mustang and the underseal or lack of it.. is NO better than it was in 1964 !! and i`m not joking !

What happened to the `Massive` Pre Inspection Manders ??
Sponsored