Sponsored

Underseal at Zeebrugge.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Saw mine up on the ramp yesterday and they have missed so much with the underseal, the drivers side pretty much had nothing!! I will be mentioning this to the dealer when I next pop in because there is no protection on some of the parts and I am not paying out for it myself when it should have be done properly.
Thing i'd be worried about is what damage has been done whilst you've been driving it around, ideally these things need doing before the car gets on the road.
Sponsored

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Manders if you get time try taking photos of the underside under your driver/passenger seat, this is where the flat underside panels are that need addressing, most cars I've seen don't have any protection here as It means when they spray the stuff it means coming close to the outside of the car which would mean getting spray up the door sides which they don't want to do.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Manders if you get time try taking photos of the underside under your driver/passenger seat, this is where the flat underside panels are that need addressing, most cars I've seen don't have any protection here as It means when they spray the stuff it means coming close to the outside of the car which would mean getting spray up the door sides which they don't want to do.
Will do in about 20-30minutes when taking cover off car as going to wrap place on my lunch break :)

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Will do in about 20-30minutes when taking cover off car as going to wrap place on my lunch break :)
I know i'm asking a lot but whilst there and if you remember ask them how much it would cost to do a complete clear wrap on a Mustang, thinking of getting it done and would be interested in costs. Cheers matey!!

Sponsored

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not good mate, if you don't intend on keeping the car long it's probably not such a big deal but mines a keeper so mine won't be driven until it's sorted, i'll have a car transport movers service take mine to be undersealed that way less chance of getting damage before it's applied......I have major OCD when it comes to this car sorry.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know i'm asking a lot but whilst there and if you remember ask them how much it would cost to do a complete clear wrap on a Mustang, thinking of getting it done and would be interested in costs. Cheers matey!!
Will ask them for you buddy :).

[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] yep, ohwell :frusty:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21573]twiggy[/MENTION] Unable to get a price, he said it'll be very expensive though as the 'self healing' vinyl that is protective to most scratches and chips is very expensive to get. He said he'll get back to me on a quote.

Here's pictures of drivers side underseal:

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@twiggy Unable to get a price, he said it'll be very expensive though as the 'self healing' vinyl that is protective to most scratches and chips is very expensive to get. He said he'll get back to me on a quote.

Here's pictures of drivers side underseal:
Cheers matey, as for the pic, as you can see you just have primer painted in places (grey coloured area) which isn't protected from stone chipping.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers matey, as for the pic, as you can see you just have primer painted in places (grey coloured area) which isn't protected from stone chipping.
Yep, i'm not too bothered about it as much as others are, if some issue arises because of it, well, they're pictures to prove it was done wrong. However, till then it's all 'ok' in my eyes.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Why aren't you bothered about it? If it rusts and you have to have repair work done it will be a pain in the ass.
And that'll be in what? 5-10years time?

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
And that'll be in what? 5-10years time?

The point being Manders, that when people get to know that your car is not properly under sealed, then in a VERY short time, you might find the car is not worth as much as it should be, as opposed to one that has been done and will remain rust free.

Think out the box man ;)

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Mine is going to be a daily driver - in 4 years it'll have 100k miles on it and I'll have spent ÂŁ25k on fuel :eyebulge:. I'm not worried about a few hundred quid in resale value here and there - not going to be worth much anyhow :shrug:

I will however have thoroughly enjoyed driving it and may ask Ford to honour their corrosion warranty if I get any problems with the underseal.

I can understand people who will have theirs as second cars and want to keep them for a long time worrying about it but it's not top of my list.
Sponsored