Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK:hail::hail::hail:::headbonk::lol::thumbsup:
Have a black car. Looks great for 5 minutes every couple of weeks :thumbsup:. Then it gets all smudged and dusty looking :doh:.

Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Grabber Blue
I too have a Competition Orange coming like MWizz and also really like the grabber blue coming in the 17 model.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Two colours that I loved on the 69 and 70 models were competition orange and grabber blue....the s550 is so similar to them that both those colours seem right on it. If I bought another one to add to the fleet, it would be grabber blue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I'm waiting back from my preferred dealer about MY18 preorder... As much as i want one now... with the current 12-18 month wait for a MY17 Mustang GT... It makes sense to wait for a MY18... you can't miss what you don't currently have..

I've discounted most of the colours, it's down to Oxford White and Magnetic ATM.. haven't seen Ingot silver in the flesh yet..

Not a fan of Grabber blue or Yellow, they look good, but it just not for me... and as I've explained, i've had a new black car before...i spent more time cleaning it than using it.. it just show's up any dirt or dust. Amazing when clean, but never again....

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
Got my refund for my Mustang the other week even got the interest, tried so hard for Ford to change my order to Grabber Blue and Ford Facebook told me to cancel so I did, so now with the wait it looks like it will be a 2018 model.

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Got my refund for my Mustang the other week even got the interest, tried so hard for Ford to change my order to Grabber Blue and Ford Facebook told me to cancel so I did, so now with the wait it looks like it will be a 2018 model.
Wow, they really tried hard to retain you as a customer...Telling you to cancel your order...

Surely a colour change to Grabber Blue isn't that hard, I'm assuming it hadn't been built yet...

Well, i don't think you will be disappointed waiting for a 2018 model... whats a little more time above the current wait..

Still disappointed that Ford wouldn't amend the colour..

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
This is what Facebook told me Jack79 (Ordered July last year)

'Hi James, in short if Grabber Blue ever becomes available in Australia, you would need to cancel your order and go back into the queue. We would love to be able to hold off on your order for a few weeks so you could keep your place in the queue and see what options become available (if any), but unfortunately Mustang build operations in Flat Rock don't permit that. Thanks, FordService

and this is what Ford Flat Rock told me.

This is because the Grabber Blue vehicle will not be available until production of the 2017 model, which “in the eyes of those who process orders” is a completely different order, not a change. As far as not losing your place in your queue, that is something that is out of our hands and would be determined by your dealership/Ford Australia.

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
This is what Facebook told me Jack79 (Ordered July last year)

'Hi James, in short if Grabber Blue ever becomes available in Australia, you would need to cancel your order and go back into the queue. We would love to be able to hold off on your order for a few weeks so you could keep your place in the queue and see what options become available (if any), but unfortunately Mustang build operations in Flat Rock don't permit that. Thanks, FordService

and this is what Ford Flat Rock told me.

This is because the Grabber Blue vehicle will not be available until production of the 2017 model, which “in the eyes of those who process orders” is a completely different order, not a change. As far as not losing your place in your queue, that is something that is out of our hands and would be determined by your dealership/Ford Australia.
So it look like Ford Australia weren't willing to accommodate your change,

It would have been a easy process, move your original spec car with that colour to the next guy that was after your original spec (it's not like we have many option's), then put you at the MY17 line Grabber Blue Stangs list.

They keep the sale, the amended contract still on the table, you might had to wait a little longer. but no one misses out, no lost sale and everyone is happy.

But to start from scratch... hell no:mad::mad:

Sponsored

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
Yeah it's worse now than when I placed my order but i'm kinda looking forward to seeing what Ford does for the MY18 changes so that's a plus if they head in the right direction.

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Well my Vehicle is on the Ship, I've been watching it head down the through Europe, West Africa and now its on its way towards Australia.

Is it a Mustang... No, at the time i couldn't get a dealer to put me down for a MY18, so with that in mind.

I decided to wait, and Ordered myself a New VW Transporter LWB to convert into a Campervan,

Not as fun, but something different and it'll keep me busy building it, i am a Cabinetmaker, so i would expect it to come up good, it would have been cheaper to buy a Mustang

So it will be few years until I get a Mustang, maybe a new MY19 or a deprecated MY16 and go nuts with a SC once the warranty is over :)

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
The hardest thing is picking the colour... the GT is a no brainer...

had my heart set on Magnetic... but after seeing the Oxford White and the Magnetic side by side..

I am undecided...

Is anyone aware on the latest mustangs ordered... a dealer told me it had hit 10000 on Thursday..

i don't believe it...
It's true. Go to the Mustang Migration to OZ post and you will see that 7700 have passed the allocated to a boat status. That means there are about 8200 that have been built for OZ.

10,000 orders in already seems light.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i face the same conundrum before i put my money down in october knowing that i would be around end of MY17 (likely) or first few batch of MY18 (less likely).

i was lucky to test drive a gt in grabber blue. and at that point while driving i knew owning a mustang and driving it is what i want and dreamt of as a kid. magnaride 10speed auto and a quad variable exhaust would have been sweet but not essential especially for me who will probably only track it once a year if i am lucky enough to have the time to do it.

just like what the others have said. do it or you never will because there will always be a better car and models out there. living is not waiting.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Same dilemma - if I order now may not like the MY 2018 as much as the current fantastic looking car.
If I look back at classic Mustangs, not sure I could identify a clear favourite from 64 to 70 and their superb yearly face lifts.
What if they foistered a late 70s or early 80s update on to us?
I'm working in Vietnam so not gunna get it in Melbourne any quicker. Encouraged to see the first used GT Verts on car sales sub $65k and Brisbane dealer discounting a new car at less than RRP.
Sponsored