Sponsored

My 17 or My 18 Mustang

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
With the wait, currently being around 12 month to possibly a 18 months if you place an order now. it has go me thinking...

Delivery maybe be between May 2017 and October 2017...so what's another 6 months more....

The Mustang My 18 Mid model refresh is due... so that should be due for a change over in June 2017... these question is how long until the RHD MY 18 model is made after that...

A slight power increase should happen, there is talk of 5.2 heads on the current block as part of the refresh...

I'm sure there will be a some cosmetic changes, such as rim style eta...

That 10 speed Auto should be ready, i believe it is going in the F150...

It's just a thought.... the question is the time that Ford US, decide to release RHD models... the tooling and knowledge is there so it won't be as long as the current S550 Gen 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Stop thinking, just order now if you want one. If you keep thinking you'll never end up buying

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Stop thinking, just order now if you want one. If you keep thinking you'll never end up buying
The hardest thing is picking the colour... the GT is a no brainer...

had my heart set on Magnetic... but after seeing the Oxford White and the Magnetic side by side..

I am undecided...

Is anyone aware on the latest mustangs ordered... a dealer told me it had hit 10000 on Thursday..

i don't believe it...

Last edited:

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
The hardest thing is picking the colour... the GT is a no brainer...

had my heart set on Magnetic... but after seeing the Oxford White and the Magnetic side by side..

I am undecided...

Is anyone aware on the latest mustangs ordered... a dealer told me it had hit 10000 on Thursday..

i don't believe it...
Dunno about the numbers Jack, but as everyday clicks over and more are envied by the enthusiast then the these numbers and waiting period will grow.;)

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
If you want a Mustang, pull the trigger and pay the deposit and you'll get one in about 15 months.

If you keep thinking about what might or might not happen, then you'll just get stuck in that cycle.

You just want to make up your mind as to whether you want to be a player or a member of the audience. Remember too, majority of dealers offer refundable deposits if you decide to cancel, so why not make a deposit and get a ticket in the line?

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I will put the trigger... i just have to settle on colour...

It's just that when i started to look at the wait... if I'm waiting 15 months whats another few months for a My18 model...

Going back to look at the White FB again on Monday...

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
It's just that when i started to look at the wait... if I'm waiting 15 months whats another few months for a My18 model...
It's a bit of a lottery.

From my understand the model year changes in June, so MY 18 will commence June 2017.

Based on 15 current month wait for a GT (on reading your last post I think you're after an EB) you'd probably need to have an order in the system by around now.

The trouble is that production allocation changes can and will occur, and there's uncertainty about how soon a Dealer order gets into the Ford system. There's also the fact that Ecoboost versions seem to be shipping sooner.

I guess all I am trying to say is that there's no way to be certain about what you get. Of course you can put conditions in your order with the Dealer that says "Conditional on being MY 18 etc.", but the reality is that when your slot comes up it will be a matter of take it or leave it, and if you lave it you go back to the end of the line.

The big difference in this lottery is that every player wins - assuming what you really want is a Mustang, as you knew it when you ordered.

I frankly love the way the Mustang is challenging the "on demand" mindset ;)

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
It's a bit of a lottery.

From my understand the model year changes in June, so MY 18 will commence June 2017.

Based on 15 current month wait for a GT (on reading your last post I think you're after an EB) you'd probably need to have an order in the system by around now.

The trouble is that production allocation changes can and will occur, and there's uncertainty about how soon a Dealer order gets into the Ford system. There's also the fact that Ecoboost versions seem to be shipping sooner.

I guess all I am trying to say is that there's no way to be certain about what you get. Of course you can put conditions in your order with the Dealer that says "Conditional on being MY 18 etc.", but the reality is that when your slot comes up it will be a matter of take it or leave it, and if you lave it you go back to the end of the line.

The big difference in this lottery is that every player wins - assuming what you really want is a Mustang, as you knew it when you ordered.

I frankly love the way the Mustang is challenging the "on demand" mindset ;)

Most of the dealer demos are EB, I'm going out to look at the demo white EB FB on again. only looking at it due to it being a fastback.. a heap of Demo Convertibles out there At the moment.

There is no way i would get an EB... i've had new WRX, Liberty's before and love Turbo's... BUT, for ME a GT V8 is the only option...

The Soul of my Mustang will be a V8..

At this point in time of ordering. it would be a lottery of MY 17 or MY18...

I might look at a clause for MY18.. although if push came to shove i'd most likely take the MY17...

Damm Mustang it draws you in, i would have ordered earlier, but i was Overseas and wasn't expecting to come home early..

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
The hardest thing is picking the colour... the GT is a no brainer.
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Grabber Blue

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
I've done a new Black car before... 2005 Liberty GT.

Unless Ford will supply me with a professional detailer... there is now way i'll ever get a black car again...

But they do look good when clean..

My last two new cars have been almost the same as Magnetic, not as hard to keep clean... but it'll be the third new car in 4 years with the same paint colour :doh:

bloody nice colour

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK:hail::hail::hail:::headbonk::lol::thumbsup:

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
You've got a long time to make your mind up, they may introduce new colours by then
Sponsored