Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Today I had it detailed and treated with gtechniq crystal serum light +exo.
Overall I'm very happy with the way it came up. The coatings certainly give it the lustre it was lacking at collection. Hopefully it will last well once I get some ph neutral cleaning products. The detailer warned me off my autobtite snow foam as it's highly alkaline, so I will need to constrain that to my wife's Volvo now.
The backs of the rear wheels were covered in underseal overspray and there was one small spot of dust in the paint on the bonnet. No sign of any touch ups, scratches or damage luckily. Next stop will be some proper underseal before starting the more obvious mods.
Done the same myself and my car has been sat, and will be sat, until weather brightens to go get it undersealed. I'm just not risking the most expensive car I've ever owned, rusting... (and it may not, but why throw caution to the wind?). Quite a frustrating time at present.. but it IS shiny :p
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Done the same myself and my car has been sat, and will be sat, until weather brightens to go get it undersealed. I'm just not risking the most expensive car I've ever owned, rusting... (and it may not, but why throw caution to the wind?). Quite a frustrating time at present.. but it IS shiny :p
I'm working on the assumption that the underside will be given a good rinse in the spring before undersealing - don't have the self control to leave the car in the garage!

Nice. Need something as what Ford provides as standard is piss-awful.
I've fitted the boot liner, a little expensive for a big piece of plastic but does the job well. Need to take a picture at some point.

Has anyone fitted mats for the rear seats? The carpet in the back there needs a good hoover already from folks feet. Ultimate only seem to do a complete set, and I've already got two sets of Ford front mats :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I've fitted the boot liner, a little expensive for a big piece of plastic but does the job well. Need to take a picture at some point.

Has anyone fitted mats for the rear seats? The carpet in the back there needs a good hoover already from folks feet. Ultimate only seem to do a complete set, and I've already got two sets of Ford front mats :)
Was going to get the official boot liner but left it too late before the NC500 trip so bought a universal one from Halfords and trimmed it to fit. It worked so well (and as I rarely see it) it'll probably stay.
Rear mats - one of our more talented members created and posted a template for the rear mat so I used that together with a couple of two quid mats from ASDA to make something workable. Now also got a set of generic rubber mats on top. Only my daughter ever goes in the back and she's not picky when it comes to carpet protection.

Sponsored

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Finally my saw arrived and got to change the axle back. Borla S Type with black tips

Also installed the CDC Lightbar. Just got to make the brake light work now. Installation video from CJPP helped a lot but just cannot find that yellow wire with a silver stripe! Apparently there are two of them. Found one but it was the wrong one. And managed to break the fucking wire (they are thin and my hands are big:D) Fixed it no problem but the other still eludes me. Will have another look tomorrow.

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Exhaust black tip looks awesome, Henry.

what made you decide on that sound?

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Finally my saw arrived and got to change the axle back. Borla S Type with black tips

Also installed the CDC Lightbar. Just got to make the brake light work now. Installation video from CJPP helped a lot but just cannot find that yellow wire with a silver stripe! Apparently there are two of them. Found one but it was the wrong one. And managed to break the fucking wire (they are thin and my hands are big:D) Fixed it no problem but the other still eludes me. Will have another look tomorrow.
With the wiring are you sure it's the same for UK cars? You know what it's like with the differences!

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
With the wiring are you sure it's the same for UK cars? You know what it's like with the differences!
Yeah i was thinkin that while i was doing the installation. I had to do the installation as per US spec car, when it mentioned passenger side, it was actually driver side and the looms were in the right place. It's just that one wire though. I got a tester, so tomorrow i will go through the loom and find the right wire. :thumbsup:

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Exhaust black tip looks awesome, Henry.

what made you decide on that sound?
I wanted something that has got a bit more deeper sound without being too loud as my neighbours will not be happy with me. The deep rumble from the Borla is awesome. Extremely happy with the result

Sponsored

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
I wanted something that has got a bit more deeper sound without being too loud as my neighbours will not be happy with me. The deep rumble from the Borla is awesome. Extremely happy with the result
I prob will get the Magnaflow Street but may change my mind once i hear all sounds from you guys.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Can't wait to hear this tomorrow mate :thumbsup: be good to compare both of ours, I'm sure the neighbours will be pleased :D

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Took my car to a Mercedes AMG meet today my mate was hosting. What a bland meet that was. I love having a tuner car! Had so much attention and also on of the Merc owners son had my car as a screensaver on his phone for the last few months. Made me laugh.

Was also taken out in a 700 bhp R35 GTR. FUCK me that thing shifts. First experience in one. Probably the fastest car I have ever been in. Utter crazy!

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Phase 3 complete

SO phase 1 - sound. Solo Mach THunder and its epic !!!

Phase 2 - Visual. - stripes, with of course the purple skeleton pony !

Phase 3 - Suspension and grip - Modurstang morning with Steeda Porgressive springs, differential lock out kit, suspension bushes and a full on set of. MPSS with of course obligatory spacers......holy cow this is different....

Phase 4 - the box and bits have arrived but more on that soon..

So after phase 3

We look and sound and handle pretty well

Sponsored