Sponsored

For those that want alcantara Shift/Ebrake boots & Console covers.

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
[MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION]...ordered the shift boot, brake boot and console lid pre-installed on Monday, 4/25...can't wait to get them! I'll take pics and post when they arrive and I swap them out on my Shelby!
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'll likely be ordering these, too...but I can't help but to think about how Ford really missed the mark on this one. For all of the styling cues that they got right, it seems like it would have been obvious to match these up with the wheel. I guess they were able to save a few bucks by not having yet another 350-specific part....but think about how many they could have sold in the aftermarket.

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
ordered for 350R thanks.
[MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION]...ordered the shift boot, brake boot and console lid pre-installed on Monday, 4/25...can't wait to get them! I'll take pics and post when they arrive and I swap them out on my Shelby!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Did you get the kit that you had to glue or did you have them pre-install it?
Looks good!

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I'll be ordering my set next week

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
just glued them on the only problem was the reverse lock out collar is sealed better to the leather than they were last years cars so I got a billet one to use.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Do they take or original ones as a core exchange if we don't want to do a self install?

JPM Coachworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmcoachworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Various
Do they take or original ones as a core exchange if we don't want to do a self install?
There is an installation option as a separate product where you can send your items in for install. We do core exchanges on elbow pads and e-brake boots only since the chrome on the shifters and clips aren't always in perfect shape once they're used.

-Joe

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
I added the alcantara trim to my GT, love it compared to the cheap leather plastic feeling material. My stock shift boot was already developing a tear at the seam with only 5000 miles on it. what a joke. I paired it with the GT350R shift knob and steering wheel to give it a more aggressive feel. The alcantara is the real thing, not that ebay micro suede, feels just like my headliner in my old BMW E63 M6.

The install is straight forward, getting the center console apart is easy, I didn't have any trim tools, and with a little care its still easy, The shift boot feels like you are going to break it when pulling but just be sure to pull from both sides. I have zero upholstery experience. Follow the videos, and take your time and make sure you center the stitching before aligning the rest of the material. I used 3m 77 spray, be careful when spraying to avoid getting it on the front side of the material.

On the brake boot, give yourself a little extra slack when putting on the zip tie on the boot to the handle or the boot will be a little tight when releasing the brake.

On the shift boot, using a dremel to grind the riots was easier than using a drill bit. The corners with the cut outs need to be placed evenly or the cutouts may show after putting the decorative trim back on as there is not much room for error. ( you can see it in the picture on the upper left side, I had to go back and re do it) If your using the stock GT350 shift knob with the barton reverse lock out, you need to use a dremel on the inside of the shift knob to bore it out a little after removing the metal clip or it wont clear it.

The arm rest was just a little time consuming due to the staples. Be sure there are no wrinkles in the foam on the edges or it can cause creases in the alcantara, Be sure to pull tight when warping the edges.

The pictures show the material in different light, but it matches the GT350R's wheel nicely. I plan to do my pillars and headliner in alcantara, JPM carries matching alcantara and thread
1462673275.IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg

Sponsored

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
Got mine done really quick. Great work by [MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION]...great craftsmanship. Maybe next thing I can do is the headliner and A Pillars.
1463445672.image.jpg

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
[MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION] please make a kit for the knee pads because I like to keep all my originals. Maybe next you can do the glove box, because that is just a big boring black square and we need more alcantara looking forward

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Got mine done really quick. Great work by @JPM Coachworks ...great craftsmanship. Maybe next thing I can do is the headliner and A Pillars.
Where did you get the GT350 Yeti wrap?
Sponsored