• Blown V8

Votes: 55 25.2%

• Total voters

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have a feeling the GT500 will have a SC 5.2L and and Mach 1 will be the NA version of the 5.2L.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
+1 for the S/C V8. Works best for the drag strip.

Even if they were to ever change up the RWD layout it wouldn't be just for a HiPo model it would be for a whole new platform and I hope they dont. AWD will add weight which is what they should be fighting for the next one.
yeah thats not true.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have a feeling the GT500 will have a SC 5.2L and and Mach 1 will be the NA version of the 5.2L.
This is my thinking......and I'd be very happy with that approach.

A n/a 5.2 CPC with 475hp for the Mach 1
A supercharged 5.2 CPC with 725hp for the GT500

:ford:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
AWD and mustang sounds like an oxymoron. I like the small subtle changes so far to bring the mustang more up to date, but awd would be awful. Additional weight, power loss, and addition cost. No thank you.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Fools, AWD in a mustang? Never happen. EVER!
A couple years ago I would have said Ford would never do a flat plane crank 8,000 rpm V8. I have to admit I'd also be surprised if Ford did AWD, but if Ford is serious about making a car that will absolutely DESTROY the competition in a straight line (and possibly around corners) with obnoxious power, AWD would be a way to get much faster times.

AWD and mustang sounds like an oxymoron. I like the small subtle changes so far to bring the mustang more up to date, but awd would be awful. Additional weight, power loss, and addition cost. No thank you.
When you have millions, what's a few pennies here and there? We already know they will probably have more than 700 hp. The biggest problem with street tires will be hooking up. There will be absolutely no concern with losing a couple HPs. WRT cost - it's supposed to be a premium offering. If it isn't significantly faster than the Dodge and Chivy, I'll be disappointed. Just having a higher HP number will only lead to additional tire smoke.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
You forgot a 6l v12 ecoboost based off the 3l in te new lincolns. That's the option I want

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
A couple years ago I would have said Ford would never do a flat plane crank 8,000 rpm V8. I have to admit I'd also be surprised if Ford did AWD, but if Ford is serious about making a car that will absolutely DESTROY the competition in a straight line (and possibly around corners) with obnoxious power, AWD would be a way to get much faster times.

When you have millions, what's a few pennies here and there? We already know they will probably have more than 700 hp. The biggest problem with street tires will be hooking up. There will be absolutely no concern with losing a couple HPs. WRT cost - it's supposed to be a premium offering. If it isn't significantly faster than the Dodge and Chivy, I'll be disappointed. Just having a higher HP number will only lead to additional tire smoke.
Ill be disappointed if it takes AWD to beat dodge and chevy. Its a mustang, it shouldn't be anything but rwd.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ill be disappointed if it takes AWD to beat dodge and chevy. Its a mustang, it shouldn't be anything but rwd.
I'd rather have it be AWD as long as it makes the vehicle faster. :)

If Ford makes the GT500 AWD that will also be another thing to separate the top Halo car from people who drop power adders onto their regular GTs or GT350s. An AWD adder is the way to make the GT500 faster than the Corvette. With RWD the size and weight differential will always be too much to overcome.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
This is my thinking......and I'd be very happy with that approach.

A n/a 5.2 CPC with 475hp for the Mach 1
A supercharged 5.2 CPC with 725hp for the GT500

:ford:
I'd love to see the Mach 1 hit 500HP.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I'd rather have it be AWD as long as it makes the vehicle faster. :)

If Ford makes the GT500 AWD that will also be another thing to separate the top Halo car from people who drop power adders onto their regular GTs or GT350s. An AWD adder is the way to make the GT500 faster than the Corvette. With RWD the size and weight differential will always be too much to overcome.
Hope AWD GT500 doesn't cost $115,000 like UBB RS900
Sponsored