Steeda IRS & Differential Bushings Review

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys I just recently installed the the Steeda IRS & Differential bushings (red bushings) along with the IRS alignment kit. All I have to say is WOW!

I installed it myself in the garage. It was very straightforward and easy. The difference is night and day.

The car would have some really bad exegerated wheel hop. I didn't feel much confidence with the car on launch and handling. I almost started to question my driving skills. On handling you get a lot of the control back. The car becomes more predictable when the rear breaks loose. When launching, it dips and rips off the line with very minimal wheel hop to where the car can grip. It's a very very good confident feeling you get. The wheel hop I would say is about 95% gone. The 5% wheel hop that you do feel is very light and almost unnoticeable.

Anyone who is in doubt or questioning on getting the kit, I highly recommend it and it's worth every single penny. You won't regret it!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Did you go with the red ones? I need to do this mod!

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Did you go with the red ones? I need to do this mod!
Yes I went with the red ones. I took CJ pony parts recommendation on it. You will love the difference. The wheel hop was horrid after this everything feels so much better and just the way it should from factory. Next I'm doing the brace and the aluminum end links.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Yes I went with the red ones. I took CJ pony parts recommendation on it. You will love the difference. The wheel hop was horrid after this everything feels so much better and just the way it should from factory. Next I'm doing the brace and the aluminum end links.

Very cool. I agree the wheel hop is horrid. My plan is to pick these up along with BMR's cradle lock-out. I think you made the right choice because many have removed the black inserts and put the red ones in due to too much NVH. I don't like the aluminum pucks because of the much greater bending and shear forces the diff bolts experience compared to polyurethane. The aluminum sleeve for the diff bolts on this version is a good idea.

I was going to buy some Viking shocks to further kill wheel hop, but a fellow member posted about his new version of Viking's squeaking. I'm waiting for a good alternative to Viking shocks.

Thanks

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Very cool. I agree the wheel hop is horrid. My plan is to pick these up along with BMR's cradle lock-out. I think you made the right choice because many have removed the black inserts and put the red ones in due to too much NVH. I don't like the aluminum pucks because of the much greater bending and shear forces the diff bolts experience compared to polyurethane. The aluminum sleeve for the diff bolts on this version is a good idea.

I was going to buy some Viking shocks to further kill wheel hop, but a fellow member posted about his new version of Viking's squeaking. I'm waiting for a good alternative to Viking shocks.

Thanks
Yeah I couldn't handle vibration and squeeking. I'm being very picky on this build. It's a daily car and not a race car for me. Just want it to handle better and put down power better. I still want it to be a smooth comfortable ride. I think the stock shocks are decent on these with some good progressive Springs with the brace and end links swapped out the wheel hop shouldn't be a issue after that.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Thanks
Bilstein and Koni have products that will be here late April. :headbang:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hey guys I just recently installed the the Steeda IRS & Differential bushings (red bushings) along with the IRS alignment kit. All I have to say is WOW!

I installed it myself in the garage. It was very straightforward and easy. The difference is night and day.

The car would have some really bad exegerated wheel hop. I didn't feel much confidence with the car on launch and handling. I almost started to question my driving skills. On handling you get a lot of the control back. The car becomes more predictable when the rear breaks loose. When launching, it dips and rips off the line with very minimal wheel hop to where the car can grip. It's a very very good confident feeling you get. The wheel hop I would say is about 95% gone. The 5% wheel hop that you do feel is very light and almost unnoticeable.

Anyone who is in doubt or questioning on getting the kit, I highly recommend it and it's worth every single penny. You won't regret it!

Glad you're liking the differential bushing inserts! :cheers:

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Thank you I'll be getting those springs and sway bars soon. :)

Sweet! Should only take a day or so to ship since you're in Orlando :)

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Thanks
I plan on doing the Aluminum pucks in very near future. Bending of bolts? Can you explain a little more?

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I plan on doing the Aluminum pucks in very near future. Bending of bolts? Can you explain a little more?
Some folks with a healthy amount of horsepower have bent their differential bolts when using the pucks. The pucks stabilize the very ends of the bolts, but everywhere else experiences deflection. Eventually, the bolts will give from fatigue from the loading cycles. If you watch the wheel hop videos with the camera focused on the diff bushings, you will see the forces the bolts experience. If you want aluminum and don't care about NVH, sawzall the rubber bushing out of there and go solid. That way, the differential bolt is supported throughout its entire length.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Some folks with a healthy amount of horsepower have bent their differential bolts when using the pucks. The pucks stabilize the very ends of the bolts, but everywhere else experiences deflection. Eventually, the bolts will give from fatigue from the loading cycles. If you watch the wheel hop videos with the camera focused on the diff bushings, you will see the forces the bolts experience. If you want aluminum and don't care about NVH, sawzall the rubber bushing out of there and go solid. That way, the differential bolt is supported throughout its entire length.
Haven't seen this with our kit...

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Neither have I. I just bought your poly inserts because I like the design as they appear to mate very well and deep with the stock bushings versus a "puck".

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Neither have I. I just bought your poly inserts because I like the dsign as they appear to mate very well and deep with the stock bushings versus a "puck".
Oh I think I know what you are talking about now, with the puck style, gotcha.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Now you have me rethinking this. :eek:

How many of these kits have been sold? And has any other members had this problem? Like the idea of going solid but do not need any problems of course.
Sponsored