Sponsored

Australian spec Mustang owners photos

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Took my car for a 400 km country trip yesterday, it got absolutely filthy!

Aren't you worried about someone jacking your car at those late night car wash places?

I would be:)
It's actually the first time I've used one of those and yeah I was paranoid of someone coming up and demanding the keys for it.

I would NEVER use one of those brushes on my Mustang.
I would never use one of those brushes either. I just used the high pressure gun (which actually isn't very high pressure) and then dried the car off. It got a proper detail today. It was just too late last night to get my high pressure washer out, I don't think the neighbours would of appreciated it.
Sponsored

Steel pony

Ayjay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 RUBY RED GT

20170119_142210_zpslrqs0jtv.jpg

20170119_142222_zpstg9wehd8.jpg

20170119_142230_zps4rtnt47c.jpg

Stopped in and did a late night car wash though. A good detail is on the cards for today.
20170119_210242_zpsw7s06dha.jpg

20170119_210253_zps2xkeu15d.jpg

20170119_210302_zpsfnolzm3o.jpg

The best thing about country driving though is watching that fuel consumption come down.
20170119_185121_zpsv3zwpwow.jpg
I know that car wash and I wouldn't be there too late at night in a stang:eyebulge:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)

Dont you love it when you put up a post and then get smashed with judgemental comments about your choices...!

Good on you for getting it out and about and although you got it dirty I bet it was fun and you built some awesome memories!

Out of interest, do you have paint protection? If yes, how easy did it make for washing away the bulk of dirt?

Thanks for sharing your pics and story, your a player and thats bloody awesome! :thumbsup:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I would NEVER use one of those brushes on my Mustang.
Paul, I Think your comment was a bit insulting? Just saying :cheers:

Hey do you have any more pics of your car to post? I love your ride and would love to see some more photos :eyebulge: :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!

Sponsored

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that car wash and I wouldn't be there too late at night in a stang:eyebulge:
Yeah it was my first time using one of those car washes and I actually was a little paranoid about being "jacked" but hey I managed to get all the red dirt out of it and dry it off with no worries. Gave it a proper detail in my garage the next day. I just wasn't keen on letting the red dirt sit on the car over night and didn't think the neighbours would take too kindly to the high pressure washing going at 9 at night. I think they go through enough having to listen to that Atak system, ha ha ha!!

Dont you love it when you put up a post and then get smashed with judgemental comments about your choices...!

Good on you for getting it out and about and although you got it dirty I bet it was fun and you built some awesome memories!

Out of interest, do you have paint protection? If yes, how easy did it make for washing away the bulk of dirt?

Thanks for sharing your pics and story, your a player and thats bloody awesome! :thumbsup:
ha ha ha!! It's all good mate, I thought I'd be crucified by some for using one of those car washes but hey, we're all different and entitled to our own opinions. Those that don't like it are free to never take their car there, ha ha ha!!

I definitely did get some good memories out of it. I did the trip with my Dad who didn't really take kindly to me selling my GT Falcon to buy this Mustang but has since fallen in love with it now that I've taken delivery. After his first drive of it he was straight back to my Mum saying he needs to buy one, ha ha ha!! Anyway, we did the drive out to one of his old mates place in the country who has an old Mustang for him to check out, pretty sure he's going to place an order for one now after driving mine. So well worth the drive and a bit of red dirt that came off with just some high pressure water.

No have no paint protection (yet). I just washed, polished and waxed the car myself and that will have to do for the moment. The dirt came off with just the high pressure gun and water, no soap required. Only the tyres needed a bit of work and the dust seems to stain them easily but even that took minimal effort.

Paul, I Think your comment was a bit insulting? Just saying :cheers:

Hey do you have any more pics of your car to post? I love your ride and would love to see some more photos :eyebulge: :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!
I wish I had more photos but this is actually the least photographed car I've ever owned. I seem to spend more time driving it than anything else. Thanks for the compliment though and I will do my best to take some more pics of it.

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Met up with a mate today in his DIB and had a play around with Forscan as I wanted the heated/cooled seat icons on the touch screen.

20170122_162134_zpsohqgrqwo.jpg

Love the way DIB looks in the sun.
20170122_162801_zpsl5k5zwvn.jpg

20170122_162936_zpsopts2qer.jpg

20170122_163011_zpstsinp9lc.jpg

20170122_163036_zpsfjixv2dl.jpg

20170122_163053_zpscctjpgjb.jpg

Just not as much as I love Magnetic though, ha ha ha!!
20170122_163133_zpscup9obhz.jpg

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Clean for another couple of days.
IMG_4050.jpg

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Collected the car yesterday in Wodonga. Took a meandering route home over two days.

The Mustang is a natural fit for Mt. Panorama. Just saying.
IMG_5348.jpg
IMG_5360.jpg

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Collected the car yesterday in Wodonga. Took a meandering route home over two days.

Congrats! Looks awesome and yes it looks at home on that mountain. Some history there mate!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

Nice pics, don't think I will be able to match the iconic race track on the way back from my dealer next week :)

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Nice pics, don't think I will be able to match the iconic race track on the way back from my dealer next week :)
How exciting! Pick up next week! We have been waiting a parallel path so I kinda feel excited for you! :cheers:

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
I know - it was a bit of showing off, but the opportunity was there and couldn't be wasted.

Glad we did it to be honest. Loved every minute of it. My wife also did a lap and had a great time. A couple of guys were trying to keep up while we we were going up Mountain Straight - the driver was wringing the guts out of his Tarago! :lol: