Sponsored

Anyone with Mickey Thompson Tires feedback and comparisons?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Can anyone give me some feedback on these as some members have been running them since last year. Are these manufactured domestic, europe or china?

how is the steering response, handling, traction, noise and ride

anyone do a comparo with these and Nitto, Pilot Super Sports or P Zeros?
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Their honest one of the best bang for the buck tires out there for under 1k, they grip summer performance based I can compare to the Nitto Invo tires.

Ive done a number of setups for member sand they have loved the rubber choice.

Their created by Cooper tires.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
They take a while to heat up and give you grip.

They slip and slide all over the place until they've warmed up. Even on hot days.

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I got them in a wheel and tire package, if I had the choice to buy them separately I would not. I slide all over the place. They do look nice though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I actually just got in 6 sets of Mickeys for clients, 2 of which are for return members just wanting new rubber, for the price you cant go wrong with them.

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Do the MT Street Comps have less traction than the stock Pirelli tires?

k0261886

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Do the MT Street Comps have less traction than the stock Pirelli tires?
I went from stock pirellis to 305/35-20 MT Street Comps. My car is essentially stock, just a set of roush axlebacks.

Without spinning them first to build heat, my car WILL NOT hook in 1st from any speed, and usually won't hook until the top of 2nd around 50mph. This is in Texas spring where pavement is optimal temperature around 90*F. Really, really annoying but they are better than the stock pirellis. Wet traction is extremely good, and I got 20k miles out of them spinning them a lot. Overall a great DD tire, but know that you won't be able to romp on it unplanned and have traction at all.

VOIDED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I went from stock pirellis to 305/35-20 MT Street Comps. My car is essentially stock, just a set of roush axlebacks.

Without spinning them first to build heat, my car WILL NOT hook in 1st from any speed, and usually won't hook until the top of 2nd around 50mph. This is in Texas spring where pavement is optimal temperature around 90*F. Really, really annoying but they are better than the stock pirellis. Wet traction is extremely good, and I got 20k miles out of them spinning them a lot. Overall a great DD tire, but know that you won't be able to romp on it unplanned and have traction at all.
Curious if Nitto Drag radials act the same way...:confused:

Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
Curious if Nitto Drag radials act the same way...:confused:
cant even compare the 555dr agaisnt MTs its night and day, even cold the 555dr grip loads better then the MT do hot.
MT do better then expected in wet conditions then i expected, but i miss my 555's on my s197. Both are better then the pirellis.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I had MT street comps for about 1000 miles. If your car is around my power level, run from these tires! WOT with these tires was terrifying. I was taking 3rd gear logs and even at 115mph, it was spinning. These tires might be good for DD on a NA mustang but not a SC Mustang. I swapped for NT555Rs as my DD rears.
Sponsored