Sponsored

GT350R Brembo calipers

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also forgot to mention the gt350 rotors are cross drilled, which could lead to fractures or cracks after hard use.
As are Porsche, BMW and MBZ rotors, to name a few. If the rotor is properly designed it won't crack. ebay is a different story.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
As are Porsche, BMW and MBZ rotors, to name a few. If the rotor is properly designed it won't crack. ebay is a different story.
Their have been reports from a track rat on another forum that shown very minor fractures in the rotor. He admitted hes harder then most on brakes but he also is a licensed racer and does ALOT of track time. So it's unlikely any of us would have this issue. I have spare pads, rotors and calipers on hand.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Their have been reports from a track rat on another forum that shown very minor fractures in the rotor. He admitted hes harder then most on brakes but he also is a licensed racer and does ALOT of track time. So it's unlikely any of us would have this issue. I have spare pads, rotors and calipers on hand.
Minor cracks are normal in track use. I am not a fane of drilled rotors. i was surprised Ford went with them

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Where can I get the torque specs for all the bolts while doing this swap?

Sponsored

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
track mustangs online
Thanks but I just ordered the shop service manuals for the GT350 and they sent them to my email in PDF form. Everything I need is in there.

Also just placed my order for the GT350R calipers and bolts. Excited to get these on the car.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
How can one get the shop manuals? I'm no mechanic but they would be handy.
You can get it at the dealer. It's a DVD. It covers all mustang models for one model year.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can one get the shop manuals? I'm no mechanic but they would be handy.
Got mine from www.factory-manuals.com . Includes VIN specific information, owners manual, shop service/repair manual and wiring diagrams. They delivered it in PDF form which is convenient so I can load on my iPad and take it out in the garage with me. Was much cheaper than Helm as well.

Sponsored

CalStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e92 M3
Hey guys this is a great thread. About to pull the trigger for this on my car but can't do the install myself. How many hours of labor would you expect a shop to charge for the install? I got quoted $500 which seems high..

Thoughts?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That honestly doesnt seem high too me, at lease not in CA with shop rates at $100-$125/hr. Its basically a full brake job and then some.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Hey guys this is a great thread. About to pull the trigger for this on my car but can't do the install myself. How many hours of labor would you expect a shop to charge for the install? I got quoted $500 which seems high..

Thoughts?
Depends where. Some back woods reliable mechanic probably around 250-350, anything Cali....double or triple.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Has anyone checked on the prices recently?
Sponsored