Sponsored

Front splitter info

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I ordered a few parts from Mike R at Autonation earlier this week. Among them, an R splitter. I've wanted one since inception but the prices were a bit on the ridiculous side. Well, I was contacted by a gentleman not long ago that mentioned a price drop had taken place but without explanation. Short of Ford Racing offering it at an even better price I decided to jump on one now.

I'm paying $985.18 for the splitter (dealer cost comes in somewhere around $900) which I feel is reasonable, given previous pricing. I believe the splitter comes with the necessary installation hardware as well. More when it arrives.
Sponsored

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
R chin splitter

I ordered a few parts from Mike R at Autonation earlier this week. Among them, an R splitter. I've wanted one since inception but the prices were a bit on the ridiculous side. Well, I was contacted by a gentleman not long ago that mentioned a price drop had taken place but without explanation. Short of Ford Racing offering it at an even better price I decided to jump on one now.

I'm paying $985.18 for the splitter (dealer cost comes in somewhere around $900) which I feel is reasonable, given previous pricing. I believe the splitter comes with the necessary installation hardware as well. More when it arrives.

So is this the new price from the dealer?

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP

Paid the same but shipping was an additional $200. Same with you?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The R splitter comes with all hardware and is very easy to install.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So is this the new price from the dealer?
As I stated, dealer cost should now be ~$900. What your dealer may quote you I have no idea but my guess is will be significantly more. Autonation (formerly Tousley) has very competitive pricing.

Paid the same but shipping was an additional $200. Same with you?
Sounds about right. I'll report back when I have everything.

Tentative plan is to change it out when I do the recall hose install.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Damn it, this price drop makes it VERY tempting. Now to find a dealer closer that will match the price to bring the shipping costs down

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hey Scott. I'm sure for you swapping the engine out would be easy:D

For the guys who do minor work like oil changes, brake pads, etc., on a scale of 1-10, with ten being the hardest, what would you rate this install? I'm seriously considering swapping mine out when the tax return refund comes in. Thanks in advance.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828

For the guys who do minor work like oil changes, brake pads, etc., on a scale of 1-10, with ten being the hardest, what would you rate this install? I'm seriously considering swapping mine out when the tax return refund comes in. Thanks in advance.
It's not hard at all. As long as you get the car up higher it would be easier. It would be harder if you have to lie on the ground and do the work with bad lights and angles. I did it even without remove the wheel liner. The half moon clips on the sides are a little bit difficult without remove wheel liner but my small hand just barely made it. If you don't know how to do it there are two video links on page 2 which are very handy and the instructions printed on the paper comes with package is also very easy to follow. It's definitely easier than you expectation

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350, 2015 Z06, 1986 SVO, 1990 ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a nice take off r splitter, not really to difficult at all. I picked I mine up for 1000 shipped, thought I got a good deal but if new has dropped, not so much.
IMG_3397.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Mike
1 being easiest
10 being hardest

I'll say 1. Just take your time. If you can do oil changes and brakes you can swap the splitter. Hell, if you can install a license plate you can do the splitter. My lift was tied up so I did mine on my back while it was on race ramps. I also did not remove my inner wheel liners. Just take your time.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yep, you just need to remove the bottom couple push pins and then pull it up to access. It was easy. The hardest part for me was replacing some J clips the factory didn't install and seating the top splitter that they didn't seat from factory.
I just got a tow hook, so now I gotta pull the whole damn thing off again.
Remember to find something to torque the small screws down with. Don't strip things out.

The 350R splitter is easier than the 350 splitter. You may have some J clips or screws you are missing, so plan ahead of time. Your car may sit waiting for a shipment of those if your local dealership doesn't have them.

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
Looking for a complete part list ie numbers for the non r splitter install. I am missing several and two have been worn down.
What is the best price for splitter. I think I will replace when recall parts come in.
Anyone have the corvette type metal protectors installed ?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not directly related but - I have ordered from Tousley hundreds of times - thousands of dollars of parts. I built my entire Boss 302 engine from the bare block up by ordering lists of parts through them. What made that place great, other than simply the prices was their parts guy, Steve Powell. He has since left and now works at Tasca Ford. I've still been ordering all of my parts through him. He knows his stuff and goes out of his way to help enthusiasts.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looked around today

Looks like 976 plus shipping was the best I could find.

Shipping is 200 however.
Sponsored