Sponsored

UK MPG

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Yep, we still use MPH and all out road signs are on miles. Hopefully that will never change although I am sure the meddling eurocrats are working on it as we speak!

Big G, you do have a thing about the trip computer being wrong don't you? Despite my post where I took your advice on door a to the brim fill up and proving mine accurate!
Never had an obc correct on a car yet & the mustang is no exception.
Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Never had an obc correct on a car yet & the mustang is no exception.
My Citroen C5 is very accurate - to within half a percent... I check it on every fill up, over 54k miles...

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Has anyone determined how accurate the trip computer is yet?

I'm currently using Fuel Buddy on Android and notice my car (not a Mustang!) is out by 1.5 MPG so far (trip computer is optimistic).

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sorry for my ignorance but I just noticed your speedos are in MPH--Canadian cars have been metric since the 70's--weird. Also when we use to have gallons they were called Imperial gallons and were the same as 4.5L. The U.S. uses gallons but they about 3.8L. If Ford programmed the trip computer properly a US spec and UK spec cars are going to get different millage numbers.
Some things in the UK are measured using the Metric system and other things using the Imperial - probably the only country in the world with both systems being used, that's what makes us unique! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I dont care any more.

Yeh, she is thirsty.

But she is also beautiful, fast, comfortable, gorgeous.

Someone came up to me when I was cleaning her the other day "So what sort of MPG do you get" he asked.

I just said "yes, I do" and carried on cleaning.

He asked again and I said "I dont understand why you are asking. If you saw a bloke washing his Vauxhall Corse 1.1 expression would you ask him the 0 - 60? If you saw a guy washing his Saab 95 convertible, would you ask him if he can get a 6ft wall unit in the boot? NO, you would not because these vehicles are not design to fly to 60 in 3.4 seconds and to carry bulk loads. My car is not designed to be fuel efficient, its design to look good and go fast, now ask me some relevant questions"

He stood there for a while and said "so what BHP is it"

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

OK a week with the car, 21 miles left in the tank which I filled to max on day collecting, have managed 180 miles to my first tank with an average around 15mpg. My commutes are all city/country road no motorway driving. I am quite happy, the 911 returned 17mpg on same driving and my M3 returns 20mpg.

Not so bad and it might improve further as the car gets more miles on the clock. :)

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone else here take a bit of pleasure in telling other people how FEW miles to the gallon their car does? It's almost like bragging rights.

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
I dont care any more.

Yeh, she is thirsty.

Someone came up to me when I was cleaning her the other day "So what sort of MPG do you get" he asked.

He asked again and I said "I dont understand why you are asking. If you saw a bloke washing his Vauxhall Corse 1.1 expression would you ask him the 0 - 60? If you saw a guy washing his Saab 95 convertible, would you ask him if he can get a 6ft wall unit in the boot? NO, you would not because these vehicles are not design to fly to 60 in 3.4 seconds and to carry bulk loads. My car is not designed to be fuel efficient, its design to look good and go fast, now ask me some relevant questions"

So... what MPG do you get? :p

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Country road rallying, A roads and Motorway with very little in city stuff and for my first 600 miles in mine, the computer says 21mpg. Did a brim to brim and got 20mpg.

Pretty accurate so far.

Stuck it in cruise at 67mph and saw the mileage climb to 30 yet I find it funny, after a bit of B road stuff, watching the mpg get better on the motorway when you are passing everyone else.

Currently much better than I expected and an improvement on my old 4.6 V8 Ford with almost half the power.

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So... what MPG do you get? :p
lol
"I dont understand why you are asking. If you saw a bloke washing his Vauxhall Corse 1.1 expression would you ask him the 0 - 60? If you saw a guy washing his Saab 95 convertible, would you ask him if he can get a 6ft wall unit in the boot? NO, you would not because these vehicles are not design to fly to 60 in 3.4 seconds and to carry bulk loads. My car is not designed to be fuel efficient, its design to look good and go fast, now ask me some relevant questions"

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
lol
"I dont understand why you are asking. If you saw a bloke washing his Vauxhall Corse 1.1 expression would you ask him the 0 - 60? If you saw a guy washing his Saab 95 convertible, would you ask him if he can get a 6ft wall unit in the boot? NO, you would not because these vehicles are not design to fly to 60 in 3.4 seconds and to carry bulk loads. My car is not designed to be fuel efficient, its design to look good and go fast, now ask me some relevant questions"
So whats ur 0-60? ;):lol::lol:

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
its not just me thats an awkward b*:@ard lol

I dont care any more.

Yeh, she is thirsty.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
lol
Well said.
I would just say at least 50mpg, maybe 60 - just to shut him up! If he says that's unrealistic I'd say "why you asking then if you know"!
Sponsored