Sponsored

UK MPG

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
EN MPG 500 miles

36MPG (according to trip computer) in the last 550 miles. The first 600+ miles in my 'new toy' weren't quite so good mind you. Ecoboost.

Anyone noticed that for the size of the car, the tank is tiny! I'm forever filling up.

IMG_0129.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Tank is indeed tiny, conversely it doesn't feel like I'm spending as much lol.

First tank full to full was 28.5mpg, using Shell Nitro+. That was 50/50 motorway, town. This tank isn't doing so well but it's mainly been short journeys with lots of sitting in traffic. Average speed is something like 21mph & I've been giving it some beans as well.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Average speed is something like 21mph & I've been giving it some beans as well.
I don't know why manufacturers even bother stating this in the trip computer, in the real world the 'average speed' is completely meaningless and just makes you realise that you must be sitting in traffic, crawling along most of the time.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't know why manufacturers even bother stating this in the trip computer, in the real world the 'average speed' is completely meaningless and just makes you realise that you must be sitting in traffic, crawling along most of the time.
Because it lets you calculate your City/Highway driving split. 48mph is 100% highway and 21mph is 100% city. Its a far more accurate reading than the "combined" mpg average you see in advertising material.

Big_G for example is getting 28.5mpg with 100% city (urban in Brit speak). Ford state you should be getting 28.0mpg on the Urban cycle. Therefore he's getting slightly better than the government tests.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just shows how out of whack the computer is, if you got 250 mile out of the tank that's a smidge under 20mpg.
Tank is about 13 gallons (60 litres)
Wasn't a full tank, was on 3/4 when I picked it up, got home was just a smudge under a 1/4

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just shows how out of whack the computer is, if you got 250 mile out of the tank that's a smidge under 20mpg.
Tank is about 13 gallons (60 litres)
Its 60L if you run it completely dry, though, not accounting for the reserve. Looking at websites like Fuelly its around 55 litres to fill at most. So its around 21mpg.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Its 60L if you run it completely dry, though, not accounting for the reserve. Looking at websites like Fuelly its around 55 litres to fill at most. So its around 21mpg.

Yeah I filled up last week when the light came on, filled to first click, 50.5 litres

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i managed to get a (blurry) photo just as I hit the 1000 mark :) 30.6 overall which I'm pleased with. Real mix of driving for me. Just guessing here but maybe 60% motorway miles (cc @ 70) and city driving, I live in a hilly area I must add. Obviously been having some fun as well so all in all - very impressed!

I never fill my tank completely, only because I am of the belief that a half full tank is will get better economy, might be a myth but it's what I do! Anyway, if I was to fill I think the range would be 400+ easy.
IMG_4331.jpg

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I filled up last week when the light came on, filled to first click, 50.5 litres
Isn't the tank smaller in the EB? 60L for the GT and 55L for the Turbo?

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Sorry for my ignorance but I just noticed your speedos are in MPH--Canadian cars have been metric since the 70's--weird. Also when we use to have gallons they were called Imperial gallons and were the same as 4.5L. The U.S. uses gallons but they about 3.8L. If Ford programmed the trip computer properly a US spec and UK spec cars are going to get different millage numbers.

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Yep, we still use MPH and all out road signs are on miles. Hopefully that will never change although I am sure the meddling eurocrats are working on it as we speak!

Big G, you do have a thing about the trip computer being wrong don't you? Despite my post where I took your advice on door a to the brim fill up and proving mine accurate!
Sponsored