Sponsored

UK MPG

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So, I thought I would start this thread to see what MPGs we are getting.
Just post what you are getting as an average, certain journeys, whatever. Just explain what you achieved over what sort of period and how you did it, what sort of driving etc.

Also, if you have verified it by down a tank top up. Not sure who it was but someone on here said we cant go by the trip computer as they can be inaccurate. Must admit, that surprises me with today's technology but I checked mine out.

I filled up the tank yesterday and did 206 miles and trip computer said I had done 25.2 mpg. I then filled the car up at the same garage and the same pump and put in 37 lts. That works out at around 25.3 mpg so that aint to bad.

So based on that, hear are a few figures.

V8 Coupe

Average since new - 21.5 mpg
Best journey Hastings - Basildon - 31 mpg (driving gently and keeping to 70mph)
Average on long journeys - 27 mpg
Around town average - 19 mpg

All in all, I am very pleased.
I haven't done a journey where I boot it for the whole journey yet but I will soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
I have a current average of 21mpg but I have been breaking her in very gently...

Paulo1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoke
about to hit 1000 miles and i'm sitting around 19.5 / 19.6 MPG. will pose a photo @ 1K

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
About to hit 1000 in my EB too...overall average is 31.6 right now. Mixture of driving really, a good half of that was motorway driving, some city driving and obviously been enjoying the power :) very pleased with it in terms of its economy. Very impressed by the V8 figures above too...

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I'll be disappointed if I don't get it into the low teens :lol: in the 'fuel economy' mode in my fat old Datsun, I can easily get it to show 0mpg, yup ZERO!! :lol:

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
interesting some of these early EB MPG's... I'm currently getting 25.8MPG so the trade up will be for economical reasons and environmental reasons only (cough)! :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be disappointed if I don't get it into the low teens :lol: in the 'fuel economy' mode in my fat old Datsun, I can easily get it to show 0mpg, yup ZERO!! :lol:
Is that because it doesn't move anywhere ;)

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
People should post their average speed, too.

Average speed is a good indicator of the type of journeys you do and what MPG you can expect from a similar journey in your own car. Its because 21mph is considered 100% city driving and anything above 48mph is 100% Highway driving (the speeds used to test cars in the USA), so you know what percentage of high/low speed driving is needed to roughly maintain that average.

100 x ((Average Speed - City)/(Highway - City))

So if you have an average speed of 24mph its:

100 x ((24 - 21)/27) = 11% Highway, 89% City

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
0MPG will show in any car if you're going too slow or are sitting stationary.

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
0MPG will show in any car if you're going too slow or are sitting stationary.
Ok I'll make it clearer, when I'm hooning, not stationary, not........oh forget it.

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
So, I thought I would start this thread to see what MPGs we are getting.
Just post what you are getting as an average, certain journeys, whatever. Just explain what you achieved over what sort of period and how you did it, what sort of driving etc.

Also, if you have verified it by down a tank top up. Not sure who it was but someone on here said we cant go by the trip computer as they can be inaccurate. Must admit, that surprises me with today's technology but I checked mine out.

I filled up the tank yesterday and did 206 miles and trip computer said I had done 25.2 mpg. I then filled the car up at the same garage and the same pump and put in 37 lts. That works out at around 25.3 mpg so that aint to bad.

So based on that, hear are a few figures.

Average since new - 21.5 mpg
Best journey Hastings - Basildon - 31 mpg (driving gently and keeping to 70mph)
Average on long journeys - 27 mpg
Around town average - 19 mpg

All in all, I am very pleased.
I haven't done a journey where I boot it for the whole journey yet but I will soon.
It might be good to mention whether it was V8 or EB too. ;) I'm assuming yours is the V8.

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 GT Custom Pack
over the past 400 miles my average is.... 17.9 mpg with most of that being A & B roads.

On a motorway run I can easy get 27 - 31 mpg
Sponsored