Steeda Introduces New 2016 Police Interceptor Mustangs

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Steeda What are the specifications of the black rims in the black badass. Will you sell those rims to us (general public);):headbonk:
Sponsored

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350

Back in the 90s the MSP ran this bad boy for highway pursuit. Most that saw one of these light up there mirrors just stopped to side of the road.
Trying to out run this car was a futile effort.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry I deleted the pics from my phone, but a couple weeks ago the Sheriffs Dept of Pinellas County FL participated in a fun day at the park near my house. They brought a few cars, marked normal cruisers but also an SS Camaro unmarked and a R/T Challenger w/Hemi. They use them to patrol I-275. You have been warned.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Back in the 90s the MSP ran this bad boy for highway pursuit. Most that saw one of these light up there mirrors just stopped to side of the road.
Trying to out run this car was a futile effort.
These were scary police cars with subpar 9.5" rotors up front and drums out back(all borrowed from Granada parts bin) you could get up and go you just couldn't stop.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
My concern for our officers while reading this is safety; will bullet-proof glass be installed? These cars were made to be light and fast; what happens if someone shoots at the door and/or slams it with a truck? How well will it absorb the hit and not fall apart injuring the officer(s) or bystanders?

Sadly I think the chargers are better suited for police cars, as Genxer said; how would they arrest someone and get them in the back seat?
I work in New Orleans and none of our patrol units have bulletproof anything. Inside the car, what separates me from the perp is some cheap plexi glass that may or may not stop a bullet. I absolutely hate the Explorers and the Taurus' even more. I miss our Crown Vics. I would be all for one of these! I have never been in the Charger but honestly wish we had some as they seem best suited for the job.

Agreed, I've seen a bunch of Camaro, Challenger and Mustang unmarked cars. Actually saw a black Camaro one yesterday during my lunch break who just finished pulling someone over.
That's awesome! We definitely need these down in New Orleans!

Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I work in New Orleans and none of our patrol units have bulletproof anything. Inside the car, what separates me from the perp is some cheap plexi glass that may or may not stop a bullet. I absolutely hate the Explorers and the Taurus' even more. I miss our Crown Vics. I would be all for one of these! I have never been in the Charger but honestly wish we had some as they seem best suited for the job.

That's awesome! We definitely need these down in New Orleans!
Hope your safe out there. Hope you get some cool cars as well. I plan to make it up there one day would be sweet to see some nice cop cars . I saw fhp in a hemi charger on the highway pull up next to me one day. Was cool dude gave me lil rev. I looked over and waved. He waved back i floored it for a second and let off he looked over smiled and went about his day.

Only thing I wish all police (i tell this to my friends and family that are cops) would use common sense. I thought long and hard about being a cop. Some will disagree with me and that's OK but if I were a cop saw a sports car having a lil fun not out of control and no other cars around I'd look the other way. If they were weaving in and out of traffic however or there were some chance someone else would get hurt I'd hit them with everything I could.

Personally I don't really speed but when I get an open highway love doing a lil 3 second mash the gas just always worry if I'll come across some cop to pull me over that wouldn't be reasonable.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Our county has a fleet of Hemi Challengers. If they need to bring someone in they simply call for another officer that's driving a van or larger car.

Attached are pictures of the actual cars they use. The one with rims is a drug dealers car that was confiscated and now used for a drug awareness program haha. Pretty funny seeing an actual cop in it around town.
george-620x349.jpg
sheriffsNews.png

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I remember back when I was a volunteer fireman in Lutherville Maryland -- very active rescue squad, frequently special-requested to other districts -- there was a period of time when speeds on 895 through Baltimore became autobahn-like, and there was a two week period with something like 5 fatal accidents, and something like 11 fatalities. The police response was to get three specially equipped, unmarked terminator cobras -- a Mad Max-style "breaker squad" -- there is DEFINITELY a legitimate need for these vehicles -- sometimes a crown vic won't cut it...

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I remember back when I was a volunteer fireman in Lutherville Maryland -- very active rescue squad, frequently special-requested to other districts -- there was a period of time when speeds on 895 through Baltimore became autobahn-like, and there was a two week period with something like 5 fatal accidents, and something like 11 fatalities. The police response was to get three specially equipped, unmarked terminator cobras -- a Mad Max-style "breaker squad" -- there is DEFINITELY a legitimate need for these vehicles -- sometimes a crown vic won't cut it...
Those Terminators sound pretty serious!