Sponsored

Insurance for the mustang

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Yeap. Already asked them about 6 months ago.

Mods I've got, no worries with the premium. Almost the same as what I've always been paying.
Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Does Shannon's allow for DD that might not be garaged at both ends of every trip?

Years ago I couldn't get Shannon's insurance for a Soarer because I was going to use a public carpark next to my workplace.

I didn't end up buying the car, but I never bothered with Shannon's again.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Shannons.

They understand we like to modify our cars.
I read this in the Shannon's advertisement guy's voice :lol:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
In the same voice..."insure your daily drive, the car you drive every day"......their ads put me off them and the one time I called for a qoute, they wouldnt even give me a price....

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
My 15 GT is 3.40 less per 6 months then my 13 GT was...[emoji38]

Sponsored

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Don't forget to give Ryno Insurance a go and compare with the rest. I got on to them through the Australian Ford Forum some years ago. I found them to be very friendly and acommodating with their quote for my 2012 FPV GTP and subsequent FPV R-Spec. I certainly intend to use them for my Mustang GT.
Ian.

Christianecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I just got an insurance quote through youi. The Mustang hasnt been loaded yet so they needed to get back to me with an answer.
Called me the next day. Long story short they put it through as a XR8 now im gettting a ecoboost so i didnt think it was very comparable, but that was their option. They quouted $550... a month.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I just got an insurance quote through youi. The Mustang hasnt been loaded yet so they needed to get back to me with an answer.
Called me the next day. Long story short they put it through as a XR8 now im gettting a ecoboost so i didnt think it was very comparable, but that was their option. They quouted $550... a month.
With any no claim discount? Over 25 driver? What excess?
That sounds more like the realm I was expecting.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I had a quote through Shannons for a GT with a couple of the mods I have to fit listed. $1100 p/a with a $600 excess. 27 year old male, good driving record with rating 1 for life.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Over 25, NRMA, NSW, comprehensive...

GT Coupe $125,000 agreed value (they chose that, not me :) ) $800 excess => about $2k/year

Dropped it to $87,500 agreed value, $650 excess => about $1800.

So for the actual value of the 'vert, I'd expect it to drop to about $1500-1600, then with a multi-policy and loyalty discount it should drop to about $1200 for me.

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Over 25, NRMA, NSW, comprehensive...

GT Coupe $125,000 agreed value (they chose that, not me :) ) $800 excess => about $2k/year

Dropped it to $87,500 agreed value, $650 excess => about $1800.

So for the actual value of the 'vert, I'd expect it to drop to about $1500-1600, then with a multi-policy and loyalty discount it should drop to about $1200 for me.
I had similar quote from nrma, i think they rating it off a gray import mustang motorsport converted mustang.

So hopefully when they update their systems for a full factory imported car it should be cheaper.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Christianecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Just got off the phone with Shannon's 3500 pa. Which is much closer to what i thought, i always thought Shannons were a more expensive insurer so im sure theres cheaper options

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I had similar quote from nrma, i think they rating it off a gray import mustang motorsport converted mustang.

So hopefully when they update their systems for a full factory imported car it should be cheaper.
Yes of course! The $125k makes perfect sense in that respect. Also explains why they don't have a convertible option yet.

Even so, just dropping that to closer to market price for the imported car is still reasonable. It should be _cheap_ to insure later. I'm happy :)
Sponsored