Sponsored

EU Car Insurance! What are you all up to?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm resuming this thread because I finally get my plate number and checking for insurance. I found about three months ago a good deal online, for 370 eur - like I said, no fire\theft coverage (but I never had those), no "new value" (never heard of that here) and half coverage like me and my family always had on our cars.

Today I checked again with online insurance search engine and... 260 eur! The same insurance (Genialloyd) with all the same coverage. I tried 6 different search engines, I tried directly on genialloyd site, and all confirmed 260 eur :eyebulge:

So I happily paid and I'm waiting for all the documents!

But don't worry, all the saves will go to the government with its stupid luxury tax :rant:
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I am paying just over 95 euro a month for full coverage, including 3 years of 'new value' reimbursment in case of a total-loss or theft.

I did get a good discount for having a 7 year claim free record.

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I am paying just over 95 euro a month for full coverage, including 3 years of 'new value' reimbursment in case of a total-loss or theft.

I did get a good discount for having a 7 year claim free record.
I have a total-loss or theft for 2 years, options & mods included. I received a 25% discount as if I would have if my driver license was 25 years old... + 10% of the brokers commission, still around 120€ a month though.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'm paying 1030€ anually atm, but it will go down to about 900€ next year (had to choose to only insurace that acknowledge my claim free years of my leasing cars, next year I can switch to a cheaper one).

In case of a damage or theft they will pay the price for a new car for 24 month.

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
My insurance is about 700EUR per year for the full coverage (5% of the repair costs are paid by me in case of an accident).
Additionally the GAP (new value insurance) is available for 4 years, 590 EUR per year.

Sponsored

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Biggest hassle as far as I'm concerned are these ridiculous small parking spots in city garages (must be meant for clio, 500, Mini,...). Most of the drivers don't park in the middle of the spot and in between 3 spots you mostly have concrete poles meaning you really have to watch out for the mirrors if you have the use the outer parking spots (of the 3)...

Luckely our mirrors are foldable !! :D
I hope you never have to park your car at Zaventem airport, they have the smallest parking spots I've ever seen. believe me this Mustang won't fit in them.

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Ive been trying to park as far away as possible from other cars, even if it's at the end of the parking at the mall ... and dang every time when I come back there always someone parked nearly on top of it while there are 100 + empty spot's somewhere else! grrr

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Ive been trying to park as far away as possible from other cars, even if it's at the end of the parking at the mall ... and dang every time when I come back there always someone parked nearly on top of it while there are 100 + empty spot's somewhere else! grrr
I've seen that a lot to some of my friends. Tbh they are either stupid and annoying people that want to make your life miserable because you have a nice car, or they are enemies of you. Other than that, Idk why would someone park like that.

Insurance wise, I pay:
- 300€ for civil insurance, like if I hit someone (was 600 but we know the broker. And the car is on my father's name, because for me it was 1100 €)
- 1300€ car insurance, which covers almost everything, water ingestion, wheel dmg, theft etc.

And this is for the Ecoboost. The GT would of been 1.5 more on a good day.
Fucked up country. To me, it doesn't matter if I hit a Bentley in a Renault or in a Ferrari, they repair the same car, yet they charge me 600 for Mustang and 200 for a Skoda.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
What would the GT set you back in Belgium ? Can only find horrific calculators on the internet :(

Last edited:

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
I'm on about 3000chf... more or less 2787eur :p lol

for full ensurance and all this extras.. this is swiss style... xD but next year I will change to a cheaper one... xD but anyway always more than 2000eur :p

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm resuming this thread because I finally get my plate number and checking for insurance. I found about three months ago a good deal online, for 370 eur - like I said, no fire\theft coverage (but I never had those), no "new value" (never heard of that here) and half coverage like me and my family always had on our cars.

Today I checked again with online insurance search engine and... 260 eur! The same insurance (Genialloyd) with all the same coverage. I tried 6 different search engines, I tried directly on genialloyd site, and all confirmed 260 eur :eyebulge:

So I happily paid and I'm waiting for all the documents!

But don't worry, all the saves will go to the government with its stupid luxury tax :rant:
Like past year, 260 eur for me :) It's incredible that we have something cheaper than other countries!

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
What would the GT set you back in Belgium ? Can only find horrific calculators on the internet :(
Most pay around 1400/1500, but that all depends on your age, history and the discounts you get. I'm at 1460€ atm, full omnium for my EB, GT is around the same price the last time I checked.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'm about €100/month - so €1200/year... that's after years and years of accident free driving and getting the top bonus (you guys got this bonus crap down there?)... it's super insurance though since the car is bonkers-expensive, and with a €1100 deductible...

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
For a GT here in Denmark I have found a really good deal on insurance.
One part of insurance is mandatory. And the other part is optional. So people with (mostly) 'cheap' cars only gety the mandatory. But the Mustang (both EB & GT) is so expensive here, no point in not getting full coverage.
After talking to more than a dozen insurance compagnies, I found gold. 1600 Euro a year, for both types of insurance, plus cover for me as a driver. So should anything happen, to another car, my car or me I get covered.
The company I found has a 12 step system. 12 beeing the best, and I start at 11, since I had a car for 4,5 years without any damage, and I'm 35.
Only minus is that they demand that I get a GPS installed. This is 80 Euro a year, but is included in the insurance. The GPS and install, is the 500 area out of my pocket. The GPS they use to locate the car if its on the move without the engine on. They don't use it to track my driving. I know some compagnies do.
The 1600 is 1/3 of the most expensive offer I got.
Sponsored