Sponsored

EU Car Insurance! What are you all up to?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thanks for the explanation John577 and Notes.
The Full Coverage here is called Kasco but I neved had it. Instead, I neer heard of something like the "new value"!

Yes since it's my first insurance I have to start with the highest risk rate, but government made a law some years ago (strange that this is a positive law for citizens!!) that, if you have another person in your family with a better risk rate, you'll get that at your first insurance (called "Legge Bersani").

So I should start with Classe 14 but my parents are both in Classe 1 so I will get Classe 1 - yet it is still more expensive than an insurance at my father's name, but it's a good opportunity to start my insurance career :)

Here insurance guys (together with banks and car dealers) are one of the worst category to deal with. They are gentle and very obliging until you sign the contract. After that, you are on your own and they are always against you. So, no advantages to have one in person.. thus we (my family at least) are with online insurance for about 15 years now.
Sponsored

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Here I have 150 EUR for liability (obligatory by law) and 550 for the car insurance. GAP is free for one year, I'll prolong it for 3 or 4 years then.

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Regular price in Spain is about 1000€, but it can be reduced significantly if you have bonus from your previous car insurace (no accident reports in last 5 years). In my case, I got 550€ full insurance with 190€ franchise. New value during 24 months is usual here.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Will be a complicated story for me.

Will have to live in Germany for one year while owning the car for 6 months and ill be able to deduct 60k worth of taxes when I move back to the Netherlands. With all that I would have no clue how the insurance will go.

In Germany its like 1100-1400 a year, for full coverage. That's like 12 months up to 24 months full value depending on the nature of the loss.

In the Netherlands it'll be around 1700-2000 a year, with full coverage (70% cheaper because of 7 year of no accidents). Now the tricky part, in the Netherlands its a 110k car so I dunno how it'll be insured either for 50k or 110k and with that. If the car is over 50k new price you'll get 3 year value of the car +10% if its lost (in any way). Below 50k its 3 years full new value.

If the commutes to work (1 to 1,5 hours) from Germany to the Netherlands aren't too bad i'll prolly stay in Germany longer. Cheaper in every way.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Will be a complicated story for me.

Will have to live in Germany for one year while owning the car for 6 months and ill be able to deduct 60k worth of taxes when I move back to the Netherlands. With all that I would have no clue how the insurance will go.

In Germany its like 1100-1400 a year, for full coverage. That's like 12 months up to 24 months full value depending on the nature of the loss.

In the Netherlands it'll be around 1700-2000 a year, with full coverage (70% cheaper because of 7 year of no accidents). Now the tricky part, in the Netherlands its a 110k car so I dunno how it'll be insured either for 50k or 110k and with that. If the car is over 50k new price you'll get 3 year value of the car +10% if its lost (in any way). Below 50k its 3 years full new value.

If the commutes to work (1 to 1,5 hours) from Germany to the Netherlands aren't too bad i'll prolly stay in Germany longer. Cheaper in every way.
Holy $hit! :)
So by taxing polluting cars so heavily they're forcing nationals to move across the border and drive more, hence more CO2...

:crazy:

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Holy $hit! :)
So by taxing polluting cars so heavily they're forcing nationals to move across the border and drive more, hence more CO2...

:crazy:
But ... but ... that will then be German CO2!
Got to love bureaucracy.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm jealous of y'alls insurance rates. I'm an American living in Italy and was quoted ~$450/mo for insurance(2016 MY, full coverage). The things I do for the things I love...

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
On top of the insurance dilemmas I'm dealing with ATM, I wonder if this car is a suitable daily driver here in Belgium. And it's not really the driving part that I worry about but the parking part, parking the car safely on a daily basis, and I don't mean at home, but during your daily traffic, work and places you need to be etc.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
On top of the insurance dilemmas I'm dealing with ATM, I wonder if this car is a suitable daily driver here in Belgium. And it's not really the driving part that I worry about but the parking part, parking the car safely on a daily basis, and I don't mean at home, but during your daily traffic, work and places you need to be etc.
I have been wondering the same, but I will mostly parked in company parking (garages) or quiet towns when not at home, so it won't be too bad I hope.

Sponsored

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
I'm jealous of y'alls insurance rates. I'm an American living in Italy and was quoted ~$450/mo for insurance(2016 MY, full coverage). The things I do for the things I love...
What?! 450/M? That's more than a monthly payment for the car itself. Why the heck do you have such a high rate?

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, I'll be paying more than the car payment in insurance--pretty silly haha. The place I'm at has the highest rate of accidents for Americans in Europe. Luckily my income is pretty much all disposable, so I can do something like this.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I have been wondering the same, but I will mostly parked in company parking (garages) or quiet towns when not at home, so it won't be too bad I hope.
Biggest hassle as far as I'm concerned are these ridiculous small parking spots in city garages (must be meant for clio, 500, Mini,...). Most of the drivers don't park in the middle of the spot and in between 3 spots you mostly have concrete poles meaning you really have to watch out for the mirrors if you have the use the outer parking spots (of the 3)...

Luckely our mirrors are foldable !! :D

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Biggest hassle as far as I'm concerned are these ridiculous small parking spots in city garages (must be meant for clio, 500, Mini,...). Most of the drivers don't park in the middle of the spot and in between 3 spots you mostly have concrete poles meaning you really have to watch out for the mirrors if you have the use the outer parking spots (of the 3)...

Luckely our mirrors are foldable !! :D
I found a card from the Belgian sub-terrain parking's than you can deposit some money on and use it without going to the checkout machines anymore to pay. It won't be easy to park in the streets with this car!

Topic: Btw, I ended up around 1450€ a year on insurance... blah! :headbonk: