Sponsored

EU Car Insurance! What are you all up to?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The title says it all! What are you all up to for car insurance?

• Does every country has it's types of insurance?
  • Full coverage? (Omnium in Belgium)
  • If so, how long are keeping the new value?
  • What are you paying or what estimates did you get?
Maybe we can compare... share along, I'm still figuring out what to get.
Sponsored

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
I'll have a full coverage, less then € 1.100 / year, new value for 24 months.

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So, that's what I'll have for insurance for my pony :

- Full coverage (called in France : Formule tous risques)
- Keep the new value until 2020
- it costs around 1 000 € per year insurance for my GT
I'll have a full coverage, less then € 1.100 / year, new value for 24 months.
Is the regular insurance included in these prices or just the full coverage (we called it BA)

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Is the regular insurance included in these prices or just the full coverage (we called it BA)
All included, i.e. for Belgium, BA + Full omnium + rechtsbijstand).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
All included, i.e. for Belgium, BA + Full omnium + rechtsbijstand).
The rates I'm getting ATM are around 1400€ a year all in, a 25% discount incl. still pricy though!
That on top of the insurance for my old car that I would like to keep around for the unsafer trips or unsafe parking spots.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What's this "full/new value" you're all talking about? If it's what I think it is then we call it GAP insurance.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
What's this "full/new value" you're all talking about? If it's what I think it is then we call it GAP insurance.

That is exactly what it is. You can buy that also here in Germany. But usually the insurance companies will include it for free for a year or two (unless much much longer like John577!).

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
That is exactly what it is. You can buy that also here in Germany. But usually the insurance companies will include it for free for a year or two (unless much much longer like John577!).
Five years new value is pretty awesome, I don't think we can get this in Belgium. Also they don't add it for free overhere, it's optional and we need to choose between several rates.
1 or 2 year new value and the franchise, meaning the first 650€ on damage is for the owner or the first 750€.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Five years new value is pretty awesome, I don't think we can get this in Belgium. Also they don't add it for free overhere, it's optional and we need to choose between several rates.
1 or 2 year new value and the franchise, meaning the first 650€ on damage is for the owner or the first 750€.

I see. Thanks.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Certainly not free in the UK :)
Thanks!

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Certainly not free in the UK :)
Thanks!
Well, i say free but it certainly not free :D

I know that Direct Line used to (maybe still are) doing it. At least they did when i lived in Colchester (15 years!).

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Don't know what is this full coverage and "new value" for years..
I checked some time ago and found a great deal on internet. Keep in mind that I am a first time owner (my previous car was registered to my father) and I'm 40.
So, after comparing online insurance I found a good one for 370 eur yearly. No theft or fire coverage though, but I never had those. Excluding that, all other insurance I found are about 600-800-1000 eur yearly :eyebulge:
My old car, at my father's name (so with his 40+ years history of 0 accidents) paid 320 eur for my Alfa Romeo GT. This was a good price related to the car (150 hp) but not the lowest at all because many cars here have less power.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
The "full coverage" means in France that if you break your car all alone with a total damage or when someone break your car, then your insurance will pay for all of this.
When you take a "half coverage" the insurance pay only when someone break your car, if you hit a tree and you got a total damage all alone then you got nothing.

The "new value" means that for 1-2 or 5 years your insurance will give you the value of the price you paid for your car. So, if in 5 years I get a total damage then my insurance give me around 50 000 € back so I can pay a new car.

Hope this is understandable ... :)

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Don't know what is this full coverage and "new value" for years..
I checked some time ago and found a great deal on internet. Keep in mind that I am a first time owner (my previous car was registered to my father) and I'm 40.
So, after comparing online insurance I found a good one for 370 eur yearly. No theft or fire coverage though, but I never had those. Excluding that, all other insurance I found are about 600-800-1000 eur yearly :eyebulge:
My old car, at my father's name (so with his 40+ years history of 0 accidents) paid 320 eur for my Alfa Romeo GT. This was a good price related to the car (150 hp) but not the lowest at all because many cars here have less power.
My first idea was to get an online insurance as well, the rates were very good. Yet if something happens you have no help or what so ever to negotiate, everything happens on the phone and by email. If they say no it is no!
With a representative you have someone on your side to take care of you and negotiate everything when needed.

In your case papinist, the fact that you had your first insurance on your dad's name could mean you start at the highest risk rate.
Although it could be that you were included in his insurance as occasional second driver, and then they will look on the age of your drivers license and if you have any history of accidents.
So it might work out well after all, just have a look at the old contract.
Sponsored