Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I want a corsa extreme but seems like it's over 2k landed from cjpony given the australia tax. I would love for some smaller American company to do a better price, but I'll be ordering springs (steeda) hood struts and some random stuff at the same time
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/contact_us.html

Seem to be on the Borla website as distributor they are ACT but cant even see a Sydney one on there.

Thanks for the heads up on that; seems they have the Borla ATAK. Pricing doesn't seem too bad. One of the main reasons I liked the Ford Racing version was the option of Black tips which is what I'm after to match the car. ACT is as good as Sydney anyway so no problem with location.

OP
OP

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea I was liking the black tips as well which was a reason I was considering them as well so they are still on the table with me as well.

Mudnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW MINI & Land Rover Defender
I have yet to place a deposit, but will by June 30. I have done a lot of research, and the clips have aimed me in the direction of a resonator delete first, with stock mufflers. Probably put in a H-pipe in it's place. I want a deeper sound, but not overly loud. It is a cheap mod, and can easily have one made up in one of the local muffler shops here in Cairns. Then can take my time to decide what axle back to install from there.
I have a 150k round trip work commute, on country roads, with a nice climb up (and down) the Kuranda range, so no drone at 100 - 105kph is of importance. Also leave home at 0500, so neighbours and wife are a consideration.

Cheers,

Ken

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I have yet to place a deposit, but will by June 30. I have done a lot of research, and the clips have aimed me in the direction of a resonator delete first, with stock mufflers. Probably put in a H-pipe in it's place. I want a deeper sound, but not overly loud. It is a cheap mod, and can easily have one made up in one of the local muffler shops here in Cairns. Then can take my time to decide what axle back to install from there.
I have a 150k round trip work commute, on country roads, with a nice climb up (and down) the Kuranda range, so no drone at 100 - 105kph is of importance. Also leave home at 0500, so neighbours and wife are a consideration.

Cheers,

Ken
I live in Cairns as well Ken, cant wait to take her up to Port douglas, through the tablelands and down the range. If you havent placed a deposit yet, i recommend Stuart at Trinity hes a good bloke and did a fair deal, dealer delivery wasnt ridiculous and he had kept me fairly up to date.

Also great to see David from Steeda keeping an eye on our Aussie section some of these vendors are going to be busy in the coming months with all the international shipping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saleen E, 2007 Roush, 2013 GT, 2015 GT
Corsa fitted

Fitted the Corsa exhaust yesterday.
Took about 3/4 of an hour with no problems.
First impressions, very loud on start up but quietens down after 20 seconds.
Driving in traffic it is loud enough to hear it but not aggressive.
Get on it and it is quite loud but sounds good, not as good as a 69 big block though.
The exhaust note reasonably deep at idle but gets higher pitched with revs but did not hear to much rasp.
Once you are at WOT everyone will hear you coming.(this is not a bad thing)
There is ZERO drone, believe me as I have a 2008 Shelby that drones like a bitch.
Very happy with the exhaust as it is everything I expected.
It would have been good to get a little more deeper sound but I have not heard any sound like that yet.
Will put a couple of thousand miles on it over the next couple of weeks and see how it goes and if it deepens up at all, these new generation motors don't make much carbon so I may be optimistic.

OP
OP

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wonder with xforce being Australian what they will be like here and if they will be ready. Remote controlled or some sort to make loud/or not

[ame]

Reading over on the california thread.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Fitted the Corsa exhaust yesterday.
Took about 3/4 of an hour with no problems.
First impressions, very loud on start up but quietens down after 20 seconds.
Driving in traffic it is loud enough to hear it but not aggressive.
Get on it and it is quite loud but sounds good, not as good as a 69 big block though.
The exhaust note reasonably deep at idle but gets higher pitched with revs but did not hear to much rasp.
Once you are at WOT everyone will hear you coming.(this is not a bad thing)
There is ZERO drone, believe me as I have a 2008 Shelby that drones like a bitch.
Very happy with the exhaust as it is everything I expected.
It would have been good to get a little more deeper sound but I have not heard any sound like that yet.
Will put a couple of thousand miles on it over the next couple of weeks and see how it goes and if it deepens up at all, these new generation motors don't make much carbon so I may be optimistic.
by very happy you mean you would suggest this is an excellent set of pipes? I am leaning towards the corsa.. but the magnaflow seems nice.

I am hoping that some aus distributor will start selling corsa!

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I wonder with xforce being Australian what they will be like here and if they will be ready. Remote controlled or some sort to make loud/or not

Reading over on the california thread.
wow... like the bimodal on the HSV GTS... but probably cost an arm and a leg.

OP
OP

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The website for GT Mustangs 2011+ is $1200 so cant expect it being that much different. If getting installed might cost more for the electronic component.

Sponsored

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
I've always been a fan of Di Filipo pipes and if they come up with their own I'll get some off them. Been looking at quite a few smaller things from CJPony though, stuff like hood struts, oil seperators etc, maybe a short shifter too and some suspension parts.

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saleen E, 2007 Roush, 2013 GT, 2015 GT
by very happy you mean you would suggest this is an excellent set of pipes? I am leaning towards the corsa.. but the magnaflow seems nice.

I am hoping that some aus distributor will start selling corsa!
Did 1800 miles last weekend to LA and back.
Fabulous Fords was great 1850 fords in one place.
Car ran great and no issues with exhaust other than starting it up at 5.30 am on Monday morning in a hotel parking lot and waking someone up I guess.
Exhaust sounds great but is loud when you get on it.
Not to noisey in the car would definitely be outside, but I am fine with that.
Heard the magna flow street and track exhausts at a premeet with a lot of other 2015 owners.
The track version drones bad but sounds good.
The street is definitely lower in tone to the Corsa and according to the owner doesn't drone at all.
Would be a good option for a quieter exhaust than the Corsa.
I will try to catch up with other owners in Seattle this weekend and see if there are any with other exhausts
20150419_125404-1.jpg
20150419_080756-1.jpg

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thanks for the review. Appreciate it. I am sold on the corsa extreme. Just hope someone decides to sell in aus. $800 odd for shipping seems crazy from cjpony
I think I have changed to this system as well I am trying to create a list of who will sell this to Australia and at what price point. At the moment from CJ's we are looking at ~$2500 AUD inclusive of import duty and at today's exchange rate.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I think I have changed to this system as well I am trying to create a list of who will sell this to Australia and at what price point. At the moment from CJ's we are looking at ~$2500 AUD inclusive of import duty and at today's exchange rate.
Including shipping? I'm happy to sort out something with another melb buyer if a seller is willing to ship a few cheaply
Sponsored