Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

zillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
Hello everyone. First post on mustang6g.com. I am about to pull the trigger on my first mustang! I went to the dealer with the plan to order with X-Plan pricing.

Before I do buy, I want to know if I am getting a good price. Would you guys be able to comment?

I plan on ordering a GT Premium 401A with 3.55s, Auto, and 18 Foundry Black wheels.

Vehicle price is $38,614.92
Document Prep is $134.00
License / Title is $172.35
Sales Tax (Philly 8.0%) is $3,089.19

Total OTD: $42,010.46

From looking at what other people got, it looks like this seems high. Am I wrong?

One thing I notice on the preview order sheet, is that there is an Advertising Assessment of $599. I am reading this is normal but not sure.

Am I getting swindled here. Can I do better? Should I try looking for a better deal?

Note there are not rebates or discounts. I won't know that until delivery which would be around early January.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think the "Advertising Assessment" fee is part of the X-plan price. So if you got X-plan then that's what you'll end up with unless the dealership was willing to take some of that off. Getting X-plan on a 2016 is probably about as good as it gets right now I would imagine.

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT premium PP
car was ordered 10/2 rebates and discounts were 1000. Car Is Scheduled to be built 11/30 being told I will get after Christmas. So if rebates and discounts get big around the holidays/Black Friday do I miss out if they go away before my car shows up, or can I have the dealer lock me into the better incentive before it goes away? I have not signed any papers or put money down, but I do know the car was ordered in my name.

Last edited:

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Im out shopping atm for an ecoboost automatic.

Last month the OTD price was $25,500 ($1000 rebate at the time)

Same car this month OTD is $26,700 (F&F / Xplan pricing)

My assumption: the 'X-Plan' price is the lowest price the dealer is allowed to go down to by Ford, and its always available. Any rebates add on top of that.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
car was ordered 10/2 rebates and discounts were 1000. Car Is Scheduled to be built 11/30 being told I will get after Christmas. So if rebates and discounts get big around the holidays/Black Friday do I miss out if they go away before my car shows up, or can I have the dealer lock me into the better incentive before it goes away? I have not signed any papers or put money down, but I do know the car was ordered in my name.

I don't know the "rules" to this, but when I ordered mine there was $500 Ford cash. But when mine came in it was down to $250 Ford cash. My own experience, I was given the $250 Ford cash. I was advised that you get the rebates that are available when you actually come to purchase the vehicle. I don't know if different dealers do different things, or if that is a Ford "rule".

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed - Oxford White

401a
Perf. Package
Nav

Xplan pricing less $750 eaa coupon $39,040.22 + Ford ESP 6yr/36,000 mile warranty $564 = Total price $39,604.22

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
You can only use the incentives available at the time of purchase, ie when it's put into service and click status running on the warranty. They're manufacturers incentives, Ford controls them. They are not from your dealer. If you're dealer uses an expired incentive on your paperwork they will be charged back.

Schmidtygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT premium PP
Talked with sales manager yesterday and said he locked in insetives at time of order. Depending on what insentives are at time of delivery I will get the higher. So In between the order date and delivery what ever insentives comes and goes I am out of luck. BUT he did say that he does and all dealers have the ability to call ford and negotiate insentives for the customer in a situation like ours (waiting on orders). I have a cash back offer of 750 that expires at the end of this month car won't be here in time...dealer said that he will call for to have them honor it. If he does that would put me 1750 below invoice!

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Talked with sales manager yesterday and said he locked in insetives at time of order. Depending on what insentives are at time of delivery I will get the higher. So In between the order date and delivery what ever insentives comes and goes I am out of luck. BUT he did say that he does and all dealers have the ability to call ford and negotiate insentives for the customer in a situation like ours (waiting on orders). I have a cash back offer of 750 that expires at the end of this month car won't be here in time...dealer said that he will call for to have them honor it. If he does that would put me 1750 below invoice!
By the time you get yours you might have 2017 incentives LOL Just bustin balls man. $1,750 under invoice is NICE.

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
I am looking at getting a 2016 mustang Gt premium and they are giving it to me for 38500 OTD. The invoice was at 38400 before they went back and worked the numbers

The options on it are
Ruby red
20" rims
Nav
400a
Premier redline interior
Reverse parking assist and enhanced security package.

Is this a good deal??
They also said they would allow me to lock in my current rebates.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
With tax yes it is! Just guessing but it looks like you got about 4-5k off msrp.

Swoop89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
I am looking at getting a 2016 mustang Gt premium and they are giving it to me for 38500 OTD. The invoice was at 38400 before they went back and worked the numbers

The options on it are
Ruby red
20" rims
Nav
400a
Premier redline interior
Reverse parking assist and enhanced security package.

Is this a good deal??
They also said they would allow me to lock in my current rebates.
Yeah that's a great deal if its with tax!

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Yes it is with tax. They also are throwing in free window tinting and all weather matts.

FdMstng99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Went shopping today but came back empty due to the dealer not being able to sell me the car I wanted because of the seat belt recall. This is the price they were giving me.

2016 GT Premium Silver Ingot
Equipment Group 401A
Black Accent Package
3.55 ratio
Reverse Park Assist
Painted Black Roof

MSRP $45,540
Final Offer was $42.275.00

Thoughts on the deal?

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
2016 Race Red GTPP Premium W/Nav
$40,800 MSRP
X Plan -$750 EAA -$500 Rebate at the time -$750 Dealer discount on top of X Plan -$500 Competitive lease $35,852 + tax & license

My question is I just received a $750 private off from Ford can I stack this with all my other offers?
Sponsored