Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Wow - time flies! This is over two years old now.

We put this project on the back burner simply due to the fact that the weight savings was not worth the effort. Most people would not want to spend the price this unit would be, for 13-16lb savings.

That said, I have been working with a few people in assisting them with performing an S197 Front End swap to the S550 chassis.

For this, we would use our S197 Tubular K Member, S197 Tubular FLCAs, S197 spindles and brakes and steering rack.

I will keep the data all in this thread as I continue working on it.
[MENTION=15679]RBS550[/MENTION] has put a Watson system in his car, while utilizing a Flaming River steering rack, BMR S197 Springs and Strange S197 Adjustable Struts. I will see if I can get him in here to share some info.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Wow - time flies! This is over two years old now.

We put this project on the back burner simply due to the fact that the weight savings was not worth the effort. Most people would not want to spend the price this unit would be, for 13-16lb savings.

That said, I have been working with a few people in assisting them with performing an S197 Front End swap to the S550 chassis.

For this, we would use our S197 Tubular K Member, S197 Tubular FLCAs, S197 spindles and brakes and steering rack.

I will keep the data all in this thread as I continue working on it.
[MENTION=15679]RBS550[/MENTION] has put a Watson system in his car, while utilizing a Flaming River steering rack, BMR S197 Springs and Strange S197 Adjustable Struts. I will see if I can get him in here to share some info.
What would be the benefit of swapping s197 into the s550?

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
At Kelly's request......
First here's the link to my K-member install http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43932
Which gives detail to the Flaming River steering rack install and mods needed to make it work, along with everything else involved to do this K-member upgrade.
The single biggest issue, was that the shaft is too short to meet up to the factory steering coupler/shaft. If we could get Flaming River to install a longer shaft, the job would be easy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.