Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
I almost got full pay off for it at the GMC dealership but then they realized it wasn't going to pass smog damn these emmissions laws.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have you run the S/C on the stock manifold? Any other engine mods besides the S/C ?

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
Have you run the S/C on the stock manifold? Any other engine mods besides the S/C ?
Yes, I ran the sc with stock manifolds and cats for about a year. I was using the Procharger tune. Then when I added ID 1000 fuel injectors, JMS BAP, 170 degree thermostat, UPR dual valve oil separator and long tubes I had the car tuned. It made 623 hp at the wheels but it just runs weird. im really afraid to take it for more tunes/Dino pulls because I'm afraid it'll break something again like it did last time and cost me another 2 grand.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
One of the oil seals on the blower. I had to have the blower rebuilt. It wasn't covered under warranty because I had it longer than a year and I had the pulley changed.

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
Good lord what a cluster F. Give me a call tmrw. See when you can swing by and let me look at it. Maybe another set of eyes will help. I won't charge you 2k. See if we can find a problem and go from there.
619-449-1706

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
Good lord what a cluster F. Give me a call tmrw. See when you can swing by and let me look at it. Maybe another set of eyes will help. I won't charge you 2k. See if we can find a problem and go from there.
619-449-1706
Sounds good

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yes, I ran the sc with stock manifolds and cats for about a year. I was using the Procharger tune. Then when I added ID 1000 fuel injectors, JMS BAP, 170 degree thermostat, UPR dual valve oil separator and long tubes I had the car tuned. It made 623 hp at the wheels but it just runs weird. im really afraid to take it for more tunes/Dino pulls because I'm afraid it'll break something again like it did last time and cost me another 2 grand.
what broke on the dyno pull ?
One of the oil seals on the blower. I had to have the blower rebuilt. It wasn't covered under warranty because I had it longer than a year and I had the pulley changed.

So it broke during the dyno tune. The the seal just give way and the tuner saw it blow, or did it leak gradually afterwards?

Been reading there is no vent in the procharger head unit. Found this on ebay, might be what is needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENTING-KIT-FOR-PROCHARGER-SELF-CONTAINED-SUPERCHARGERS-/262090415223

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It blew during the dyno pull. I guess it made a huge mess.
Man, that sounds like something I'd like to avoid. Procharger is on my list when I get to supercharging shopping. Someone else mentioned that filter/breather thing, so I searched a little and found some guys (on other car forums) talking about seals leaking because of pressure build up. One guy said he had his rebuilt and it ended up leaking again, then put new seals in it and added the breather and hasn't had a drop since.

Good luck with your car, hopefully that guy who offered can get it sorted out.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
FWIW, the paxton comes with a breather plug.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
FWIW, the paxton comes with a breather plug.
appears to offer a longer warranty as well:

http://www.paxtonauto.com/article.php?id=152
Are Paxton Superchargers covered by a warranty?
Paxton Automotive offers a three-year limited warranty on all supercharging systems.

Are the seals easy to swap? I wouldn't want to have to send the S/C in for warranty work just for a seal.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
If you did it yourself I guarantee the warranty would be voided. They void the warranty if you swap the pulley too.
Sponsored