Sponsored

Driving Gloves

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So I have heard our steering wheels collect our sweat and oils and deteriorate our wheels like crazy....who is wearing gloves and do you like them...any recommendations?
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
No Thanks

Nah, I'm good. Our steering wheel isn't that expensive. I would rather replace it if needed than have my wife laugh at me every time I get in the car.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread that gave instructions on how to clean it

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I have a skin condition on one of my hands that requires medicine from time to time. Rather than get that ointment on my steering wheels, I've been wearing driving gloves for years, long before I got my GT350.

I use Gaspar Gloves; because they're thin, allowing for good feel of the wheel and they're very good quality. I've had other brands but like these the best.

It might look silly to some, but I could care less about what others think. And no, it's not because Ryan Gosling looked cool wearing 'em in the movie Driver. But that movie was the reason the gloves were in an issue of Road & Track magazine, which is where I first spotted them.

76ed93330e955341b928beac065f2cd9.jpg

This is my pair...

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a skin condition on one of my hands that requires medicine from time to time. Rather than get that ointment on my steering wheels, I've been wearing driving gloves for years, long before I got my GT350.

I use Gaspar Gloves; because they're thin, allowing for good feel of the wheel and they're very good quality. I've had other brands but like these the best.

It might look silly to some, but I could care less about what others think. And no, it's not because Ryan Gosling looked cool wearing 'em in the movie Driver. But that movie was the reason the gloves were in an issue of Road & Track magazine, which is where I first spotted them.

Thank you! Exactly the type of response that I was hopeful for!

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I use motocross gloves at the track for grip, ventilated, and cheap....

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You can clean and rejuvenate the fabric. The main thing I do is be sure my hands are clean before driving. I also toicslly hold the wheel toward the bottom of the fabric. For track use I have Alpinestars gloves. You can usually find them on clearance of the older styles on their site. I got a 200 dollar pair of gloves for 90 bucks.