DD DRL Boards

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
Yeah I reckon I might. Thanks guys. Hopefully all goes smoothly for anyone else attempting this.
Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
DRL Regs in QLD - Myths cleared up

Straight from the horses mouth(QLD)

Page 1 of 2
image.png

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
Thanks Allan, that's good to know

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I also removed the EU fog lights housing and replaced with the US led model.. just to be sure that I can't connect them anymore :cheers:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
More or less done.

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't these DRLs dim at night when functioning as parkers, and be full brightness during the day? Oddly mine are behaving in the opposite manor. I double and triple checked the wiring to be correct but found swapping the park and DRL wires over solved it which I'm not sure is a proper permanent solution. Some of you also with the current batch might find the same happening...

Cheers
Wes
Unless they have fixed it since I fitted mine the colours for parking light and DRL are wrong on the DD instructions. By that I mean the colours going to the driver are reversed. I have told them about this a while ago.
You can disconnect the original DRLs and it will not bring up any warning light on the dash, but it does log a fault code. See the link below.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1552714&postcount=151

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
@00racer GT Coloured DRL install

A quick vid of @00racer GT Mustang that we put Colored DRL's in yesterday. Quality of vid is not great as was from phone but still gets the effect across. Also, I was impressed with the stock exhaust note! Thanks @Kaps for your help mate! And thank you to Dean at Arnold's Automotive Service Nerang for use of your workshop and your work removing the bumper!!!

20170121_102825.jpg
20170121_102816.jpg
20170121_111450.jpg

Last edited:

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Keyhole Method

I installed my DD DRL lights this week. I used a multi purpose tool aka Renovator, with a semi circular saw blade attachment. The cutting and LED light installation was very easy. The most time consuming activity was removing the headlights from the car. My original plan was to make the installation appear invisible by plastic welding, body filling, fine sanding and painting the base of the light housing satin black. However I decided to reseal the cut out plate with black silicone in the event that I may need to re enter the headlight at a later stage (an access window). I ran the wires out of the headlight through a blank rubber grommet in the centre of the plate only because of my original (invisible) plan. You would be better to just rebate say 10mm by 2mm out of the side of the plate and have the wires come through that. I removed the big grey cap from the main headlight globe and vacuumed from where I cut out to provide airflow whilst smacking the headlight. The renovator produced very little shavings. If you go through the hassle of removing the headlights, the rest is a piece of cake. I include a picture of the tools I used (upside down). Thank to the pioneers such as Banditvox and Gnome.
20170304_190621.jpg
20170304_134507.jpg
20170303_091714.jpg

Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Is there a potential problem with the cops having 2 sets of DRL's operating?
I disconnected the original DRLs. Taped up and siliconed the globes in the bumper and tied back the wire connector up along side the other wires. I actually tapped into the original DRL negative wire to earth the new ones.
The 18 models are apparently coming with the tribars illuminated as DRLs.

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Did mine a while ago.
VIC guys need help can give me a buzz

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]BQowsEo34uk[/MEDIA]"]

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I am thinking of ordering the white/Amber kit: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...tang-switchback-drl-led-boards/category/1474/

What happens to the current "DRL"s (The fog lights) in this installation?
Are they deleted as well or will they turn on only if I turn on the fog lights?

Just trying to understand if I should order these as well:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store...015-ford-mustang-eu-model-pair/category/1474/

Cheers,

Erez
EU\AU DRLs and fog lights have two different bulbs (or 'globes' as you guys say :) ). When installing the drl led boards my advice is to disconnect the stock ugly drls, so after that you only have the new led drls working.

Fog lights will remain operational, so if you want, you can replace those bulbs as well with the ones you linked, or with something else.
Sponsored

Last edited: