Sponsored

The MPSS is dead, long live the PS4S!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
watch ours come with Pzero Neros... for even worse grip!
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] it's cuz the EB handles better than the GT... right... right..,. (TT we need a fishing emoji...)

Well Pzero Nero was on the 5.0 GT with different wheel option on MY18. :(

So if we do get all options, Ford need to make it clear which wheels come with which tyres. Because Pzero Nero is no better than Pzero. :(
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Surely it must be better with a name like Nero and that it rhymes

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
P4 S is hardly available in any size, you won't see them in our sizes for at least 6-12 months and maybe never, might be an import only option from USA. Hence group buy suggestion and www.tirerack.com is the best USA tire supplier, I even spelt tire the USA correct way. ;)
Ford best stock them for their premium protect customers...

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Why do you all post these threads exactly 3 days after fitting a full set of MPSS ! Mind you I don't care, the day after I was at Modurstang for Steeda Pregressive springs, BMR Lock out kit and Steeda bushes. I was fortunate enough on the drive back to have sunny day and about 7 degrees, not hot By any means but the feel of the car and the sheer feeling of responsiveness is night and day !! It actually felt totally sorted like I was driving something new. VERY happy, and it was even better when home to find a nice box from Lethal Performance with the PMAS CAI, Lund N gauge with a certain persons tune in, my inbox from Jon Lund.......much fun ahead !

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you all post these threads exactly 3 days after fitting a full set of MPSS ! Mind you I don't care, the day after I was at Modurstang for Steeda Pregressive springs, BMR Lock out kit and Steeda bushes. I was fortunate enough on the drive back to have sunny day and about 7 degrees, not hot By any means but the feel of the car and the sheer feeling of responsiveness is night and day !! It actually felt totally sorted like I was driving something new. VERY happy, and it was even better when home to find a nice box from Lethal Performance with the PMAS CAI, Lund N gauge with a certain persons tune in, my inbox from Jon Lund.......much fun ahead !

I did the suspension stuff whilst on Pzero and it made nice difference, adding the MPSS just completed the circle as to speak. MPSS is great, yeah the P4S will be better but I'd not be worried if I was you. :)

Surprised they gave you my tune without first doing some base datalogs, just make sure you have Vpower 99 in the tank as my tune was running some very aggressive timing, upto 31 at WOT which is like E85 levels for some, so make sure you do some logs for them, which is mega easy on nGauge anyway. You will have a good 50HP and 50 torque boost on that setup!

Also make sure you use your stock maf sensor, NOT the PMAS one!

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I did the suspension stuff whilst on Pzero and it made nice difference, adding the MPSS just completed the circle as to speak. MPSS is great, yeah the P4S will be better but I'd not be worried if I was you. :)

Surprised they gave you my tune without first doing some base datalogs, just make sure you have Vpower 99 in the tank as my tune was running some very aggressive timing, upto 31 at WOT which is like E85 levels for some, so make sure you do some logs for them, which is mega easy on nGauge anyway. You will have a good 50HP and 50 torque boost on that setup!

Also make sure you use your stock maf sensor, NOT the PMAS one!
Cheers @Gibbo, I ordered the PMAS tune required and it didn't even come with a MAF sensor, just a hole where to put the original. Since following your trailblazing and prepping for this the car has been filled up with V POWER from the get go, nothing else goes in. I figured your set up was close to mine (ish) ( I'd made sure it was for stock IM and TB! Not your further adventures)and I know you had a few tries. My thinking was take the best one out there that was proven by someone that knows what they are doing, then see how it went, do a few data logs as you suggest more likely early doors on a mild day and let them know thoughts along with the data log. I think my main reason was you latter tunes addressed some throttle response which I think is key for me. At the moment it's not quite there, seems a bit laggy right now.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Here are the links for the PS4S I am going to order for my new wheels sometime in the next few weeks:

Front
255/35 R20

Sport 4S
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/pilot-sport-4-s/255/35/R20/Y/97/m?tyre=35790915

Rear:
285/35/R20

Sport 4S
http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/pilot-sport-4-s/285/35/R20/Y/104/m?tyre=35790931
Holy COW ÂŁ300 for the 285?

Makes my ÂŁ175 a pop for MPSS seem a bargain. ALready I can sense the difference , it's like Voo doo. If 4s is better then damn they will be good

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
First one is super sport. :)

Nice to see P4 S becoming available though. 285/35/20 is great for square setups.
I think I fixed the links. I ended up ordering staggered velgen classic 5's.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers @Gibbo, I ordered the PMAS tune required and it didn't even come with a MAF sensor, just a hole where to put the original. Since following your trailblazing and prepping for this the car has been filled up with V POWER from the get go, nothing else goes in. I figured your set up was close to mine (ish) ( I'd made sure it was for stock IM and TB! Not your further adventures)and I know you had a few tries. My thinking was take the best one out there that was proven by someone that knows what they are doing, then see how it went, do a few data logs as you suggest more likely early doors on a mild day and let them know thoughts along with the data log. I think my main reason was you latter tunes addressed some throttle response which I think is key for me. At the moment it's not quite there, seems a bit laggy right now.

I prefer a smoother more linear throttle, I am deadly against device such as pedal max which mean nearly all the action happens in first 20% pedal travel but some like that.

Drive it a few times anyway because the car adapts on first few drive cycles, then if you want more response just ask them to turn up the drive by wire response for you.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Fitted these this week. To my Mondeo. 235/40 19.
Not as good as Rainsport 3s in the damp and slippy stuff, but as the road dries out, very precise. Like all low profiles, super sensitive to tyre pressures.
Good rim protection too which, as you can see, is overdue.
IMG_0048.JPG

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
I have acquired this from a reliable source. Shows the majority of sizes available through 2017, but comments at the bottom seem to suggest that the other sizes are still undergoing homologation, and may not be available under 2018.

Now I have to make Goosey's PZeros last for a whole year :paddle:
IMG_7382.jpg

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Both std 19" PP sizes missing.

Thats disappointing :(

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah for the front I can go with 275/35/20 or 285/35/20 in PS4 S. :)

But the rear is an issue, the only 295/35/20 is the K1 which is a different compound specifically designed for Ferrari, hence why wet performance is degraded for some reason and Michelin adviced not to use K1 tyres on anything but a Ferrari, hence I went for the NO Porsche approved tyre, same compound as regular MPSS just with Porsche approval.

Problem I have now is if I want PS4 S on the back I have to use a K1 tyre or fit the huge 315/35/20 NO tyre which would no doubt rub.

Kind of poo. :(

Also PS4 S will be available in Mustang stock size and specifically developed for the Mustang in 255/40/19 and 275/40/19, Ford confirmed this. :)

So I either stick with MPSS all round, just fit PS4 S to the front and MPSS rear or risk the Ferrari tyre.
Sponsored