Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers installed:

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did you tighten the top nut on the front strut?
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Did you tighten the top nut on the front strut?
Yup, on two seperate occasions with an impact like suggested. Also re torqued the 3 bolts going through the strut tower to the oem value of 46 ft lbs

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Well got my level 2 coilovers installed, have very slight preload on the system at the moment, getting a hair of contact on my frpp half shafts cv boot, and a few weird noises. When I cut the wheels left and right while parked I can hear the front end creak, and when I hit a hard bump I can actually hear the front struts compress.
I just installed RideTech ll's a couple of weeks ago. I only have a few miles on them since I was working out swaybar preload issues affecting ride height and haven't taken it in for an alignment yet. I hear the front shocks as well, but after some testing while pulling in and out of the driveway, Ive determined that the noise is coming during rebound. It's a squeaky kind of rubber sound, almost like a deep hiss. It only happens on quick compression from a bigger bump. I contacted Josh at RideTech and he seems to think it may be from the Teflon seal not getting enough oil yet from the shaft. It made sense to me. We both agreed I need to put some miles on them first to see if the noise persists or goes away. So far I've been impressed with the customer service from RideTech. If you can't track down the issue, you may want to give them a call.

Regarding your creaking, did you happen to install a front subframe brace by any chance? I can see where that might make some creaking noises.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
I just installed RideTech ll's a couple of weeks ago. I only have a few miles on them since I was working out swaybar preload issues affecting ride height and haven't taken it in for an alignment yet. I hear the front shocks as well, but after some testing while pulling in and out of the driveway, Ive determined that the noise is coming during rebound. It's a squeaky kind of rubber sound, almost like a deep hiss. It only happens on quick compression from a bigger bump. I contacted Josh at RideTech and he seems to think it may be from the Teflon seal not getting enough oil yet from the shaft. It made sense to me. We both agreed I need to put some miles on them first to see if the noise persists or goes away. So far I've been impressed with the customer service from RideTech. If you can't track down the issue, you may want to give them a call.

Regarding your creaking, did you happen to install a front subframe brace by any chance? I can see where that might make some creaking noises.
Nope no chassis brace or anything like that, still have stock sway bars and end links as well. The car seems to be driving okay, haven't fallen off yet lol

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Well got the car aligned and it still makes some creaking sounds, I aint gonna worry about it. I am getting slight contact on my passenger side frpp axle boot tho

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Taylor did you get 8 or 10 " rear springs?
I had a creaking in the front when turning the steering wheel i re tightened everything and it went away.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Taylor did you get 8 or 10 " rear springs?
I had a creaking in the front when turning the steering wheel i re tightened everything and it went away.
8" springs, no contact on driver side just passenger. And I re torqued the 3 bolts going through the strut tower and hit that top nut with the impact again

Last edited:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
tighten the small allen bolts at the strut bottom.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you have a PP car?

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The stock swaybar bushing is glued to the bar. It can be a source of noise on a lowered car.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Just an update, both of my axle boots are now starting to wear. Not sure what to do about it tbh

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
What is the measurement from eye to eye on the coilover at ride height?
I'm not sure, I'll have to crawl under the car once I get back into town. I'm assuming u want the measurement while the car is on the ground
Sponsored