Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
100% thrust bearing.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its a clutch part dealer should be irrelevent as should other mods as you've not cracked the bellhousing off the block before shouldn't be any arguement there from ford since a short shifter etc won't have any impact on it. order part from yank land probably about $40 drop box off fit new one shouldn't even be that big a job

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
its a clutch part dealer should be irrelevent as should other mods as you've not cracked the bellhousing off the block before shouldn't be any arguement there from ford since a short shifter etc won't have any impact on it...
You know that, I know that, everyone knows that, but if it means they can get away with not paying out...

As for service records, this thread is it's service record. Lone Survivor posted the first service sheet and they change the oil and filter and everything else is a visual check. I've changed the oil twice on mine inside of Ford's recommended once, nevermind the fact I've spent more time crawling all over and under it than most Ford techs! :thumbsup:

When it comes to warranty that's going to count against me but, just like the mods, having an oil change done by a main dealer wouldn't have prevented this issue nor would any visual check.

I would get my mate Andy on the case but if he's not trying to flog cancelled orders then he's like the Scarlet Pimpernel. :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Noise disappears when clutch pedal is pressed. Which is why I thought thrust bearing.

As expected, hit the first hurdle today. Service guy enquired with warranty to be told 99% certain they'd refuse the claim due to mods.

As it's likely to be a box out job just to diagnose, it means I'd be 3 or 4 hundred quid deep before we even find out what the problem is. His advice was ro wait until the noise gets worse to make sure a diagnosis is possible then submit to warranty and go from there.

Methinks I could be in for a fight. :frusty:
Get Ford's refusal in writing then could get GT101 or TVR101 to fix it, write you a report, bill Ford, then when they refuse go through small claims; or, try James' guy at Epsom for a second opinion, I heard good things about him.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thing is, I'll have to start off by letting them take it apart to investigate which I'd have to pay for if warranty refuse and then pay to get it put back together, so while it's apart they may as well fix it and I'll try and claim that back.

At least that way I'm not trying to get them to pay someone else's bill.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Thing is, I'll have to start off by letting them take it apart to investigate which I'd have to pay for if warranty refuse and then pay to get it put back together, so while it's apart they may as well fix it and I'll try and claim that back.

At least that way I'm not trying to get them to pay someone else's bill.
Makes sense :thumbsup:

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Centi... having been down this route myself could I recommend two things

1. If you have legal cover on your insurance use it and get advice or go to citizens advice or even find relevant legislation on the web. If you correspond quote this, it might seem harsh but this leads me to my next point

2. Pay the bill with credit card and then dispute payment based on point 1 above. The credit card company will agree with you if you have a basis in law and then it is open and shut and they take up the fight not you. If they agree they will immediately refund your money, no waiting.

The test of this is perversity... i.e. What would a man in the street think is reasonable, a thrust bearing would really only be expected to fail if you had modified the clutch or had disassembled the bell housing.. as none of this has happened you should be good to go. You are quite within your right to ask ford to explain why they are denying your claim and how your mods could have specifically contributied to the failure.

This sounds like a ball ache, but actually it is not. I recently had the same issue with a bike engine and mods. I was given this advice and despite a very slippery guy making all sorts of acusations that I could disprove I got my refund based on point 1 above. I started the dialogue with the supplier in October and started with credit card company in early December with no joy. Got full refund before xmas, so it is very quick.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Hadn't considered the credit card angle.

Hopefully it won't come to that and they'll just sort it no questions asked but it's good to have an understanding of my position given their potential stance based on the underseal issue.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Hadn't considered the credit card angle.

Hopefully it won't come to that and they'll just sort it no questions asked but it's good to have an understanding of my position given their potential stance based on the underseal issue.
Good idea that. The important thing is getting the tech to state that it wasn't caused by any mod; then your fight is with the warranty and their default answer of 'no'.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got the revised tune back from Lund yesterday and put it on the car today.

Tune was revised from the datalogs I provided them (trust me, however long the bit of road you pick to do the runs on is, 2500rpm up to 7200rpm in 3rd will make it seem real short, real quick!).

So along with the basic revisions to fuelling & timing for more power, Lund also tweaked the throttle sensitivity as along with others it seemed a bit too jumpy i.e. go over a low speed bump and the tiniest increase in pressure on the pedal sent you jerking down the road, they also tweaked the fan settings as with the base tune once the car was up to temp, the fan was permanently on. Annoyed the hell out of me every time you pulled up it was the equivalent of an overweight dog constantly panting!

Along with those little tweaks came more power...like a LOT more power! :lol:

There was a hell of an improvement with the base tune but now with the revised one...DAMN!! :D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the fan was permanently on. Annoyed the hell out of me every time you pulled up it was the equivalent of an overweight dog constantly panting!
I did notice that when you rocked up to the meet the other week!

Will make sure I stay out of your way when we drive up to Scotland :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I did notice that when you rocked up to the meet the other week!

Will make sure I stay out of your way when we drive up to Scotland :lol:
Cough... this is why you go Protune kristian ;)!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Told ya doing the datalogs is well worth it buddy, like I say my car would of being around 445-455 pre-datalog on their base file, but fully tweaked 472HP. Well worth it! :)
Sponsored