• 465BHP / 445lbft

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
That is a global change, engine/gearbox is one option. 6-speed will be gone from Mustang production just like the V6 is gone.

We will 100% get 10-speed simply because the 6-speed was shot down heavily by Europeans and reviewers due us being so use to quicker and better DSG/PDK/DCT stuff.

We will get that for sure!
I sincerely hope the UK and elsewhere gets it, but I wouldnt say anything is for sure until Ford confirm and then actually start making the buggers.

Too many strange decisions have already been made with the US->UK/EU conversion to be making assumptions I reckon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sincerely hope the UK and elsewhere gets it, but I wouldnt say anything is for sure until Ford confirm and then actually start making the buggers.

Too many strange decisions have already been made with the US->UK/EU conversion to be making assumptions I reckon.

They cannot give us something they no longer have for Mustang production.

We get the same engine, we get the same gearbox now, the same will continue for MY18.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
They cannot give us something they no longer have for Mustang production.

We get the same engine, we get the same gearbox now, the same will continue for MY18.
Why would they no longer have it? They only no longer have it if they choose to stop ordering the parts from suppliers.

If it costs $10 per unit less to keep churning out 6 speed autos for non-USD markets than to pay for the type approval on the new 10-speed, then I can guess what Ford will be doing..... :ninja:

Thats just as an example/speculation BTW. I think a lot will depend on just what they need to do to have the car certified abroad... will they need to run the whole EU emissions tests again for example, will it need to be re-tested for EuroNCAP etc etc?

On balance I DO also think the 10-speed will come, because they would be mental not to, but I dont think its a dead 100% certain thing. Stuff like magnaride and exhaust etc id be much less confident about.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would they no longer have it? They only no longer have it if they choose to stop ordering the parts from suppliers.

If it costs $10 per unit less to keep churning out 6 speed autos for non-USD markets than to pay for the type approval on the new 10-speed, then I can guess what Ford will be doing..... :ninja:

Thats just as an example/speculation BTW. I think a lot will depend on just what they need to do to have the car certified abroad... will they need to run the whole EU emissions tests again for example, will it need to be re-tested for EuroNCAP etc etc?

On balance I DO also think the 10-speed will come, because they would be mental not to, but I dont think its a dead 100% certain thing. Stuff like magnaride and exhaust etc id be much less confident about.

They do have, but its no longer being used for Mustang, will still be available on trucks and other production lines.

10-speed reduces emissions, so for EU its a major positive.

It would cost them more to continue 6-speed production in the Mustang even if it cost less due to way production lines work in factories, by having one global car means more profit.

We will get 10-speed 100%

Options is the grey area, will we get a pretty heavily loaded base spec like now, or will we get a true base car with a full options list. That is to see, but engine and gearbox all regions will be MY18 spec.

If no 10-speed and no DI/FI then I'd not go MY18 and also probably move to a different brand all together.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All I'm going to say, is I don't believe a word of what's coming until it actually has an order book... and even then i'll question the 'Export unique' sh1t they might do, white tails, faux gas cap, no hood vents, DRLs etc etc etc. We'll see...
There's a lil more at play now with Brexit, obviously it's not for another 2 years, but it's going to play, furthermore 'export' models, do also have their 'stuff' slightly dropped because lets face it, it's costing for da considerable amount to bring it over here, hense less options, less time, just churn out and get it out to maximise profit/output etc.

Anyway back on topic with the BHP!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
The publicity stuff says "available 10 speed automatic transmission". That means option. Nothing is certain, except that if it's available, it will cost.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The publicity stuff says "available 10 speed automatic transmission". That means option. Nothing is certain, except that if it's available, it will cost.
EU/UK will not be manuals only. 10-speed replaces the 6-speed AUTO on Mustang production.

So unless they are only going to offer manuals, we will indeed get 10-speed auto.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I guess we could all be surprised, couldn't we? The wonder that is "marketing" can say one thing and do quite another; take Star Wars: Rogue One - nearly the entire trailer was unique footage not found in the film;

Or how about:

Q7oIdZ0.jpg

That clearly means "NOT ON XBOX, SUCKERS!" but that isn't what is says...

So, I'm with Manders here. Believe only what you see when it arrives. If we're all looking at a S550.1 and scratching our heads, it doesn't mean Ford can't do it (or will) but we're leaving Europe and the US has... that man... as POTUS now. ANYTHING is possible. Unfortunately ;)

I'll go with 435hp. Because science.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I did say I thought this car might be a sub 4s 0-60 car with that 10-speed and well Ford have now gone official!

460HP / 420lb/ft and a 0-60 of sub 4s with 10-speed with Performance Pack.

Fuck me what a fast car, cannot wait to drive one but I think that sums it up for me, now I just need to find a 350 front-end for it. :D

[ame]

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well I did say I thought this car might be a sub 4s 0-60 car with that 10-speed and well Ford have now gone official!

460HP / 420lb/ft and a 0-60 of sub 4s with 10-speed with Performance Pack.

Fuck me what a fast car, cannot wait to drive one but I think that sums it up for me, now I just need to find a 350 front-end for it. :D

Drag strip mode :shrug::love:

Edit: it's safe to say this poll was rigged, [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] didn't give us the option of the correct answer!!! :mods: :ban:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drag strip mode :shrug::love:

Edit: it's safe to say this poll was rigged, [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] didn't give us the option of the correct answer!!! :mods: :ban:
Yes, so it sets up the car to keep it always in torque band, more a 10-speed feature but also present on manuals.

Ford claim the EB with 10-speed and drag mode also does sub 5s, so the new EB will be as quick as the current GT simply due to the gearbox swap.

I said all along the 10-speed would make these cars proper rapid and I was indeed right.

Also my major worry now is will UK PP cars get magneride, because Ford are claiming Performance Package has magneride dampers and in drag mode they are programmed to aid weight transfer to the rear to perfect the launch.

This car just got proper quick, can only image what it would be like with 350 kit, as Ford have also rumoured Power Pack 3 will be available for MY18, no idea if that means mine fits or its a revised version due to the DI/PI being a little different, different fuel rails etc.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] haha whatever it is, it sounds fucking epic.

EB wasn't getting power improvements but it loses so much power tramping through gears, even on the current auto.

Now it's a wait and see multiple things aint it:

1) will the UK get 460?
2) will the UK get magneride
3) will the UK get specifics of the PP that this one had or only partial like ours have.

Yada yada, you know the drill, no going full muppet mode yet :lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] haha whatever it is, it sounds fucking epic.

EB wasn't getting power improvements but it loses so much power tramping through gears, even on the current auto.

Now it's a wait and see multiple things aint it:

1) will the UK get 460?
2) will the UK get magneride
3) will the UK get specifics of the PP that this one had or only partial like ours have.

Yada yada, you know the drill, no going full muppet mode yet :lol:

1. Maybe not but its an easy fix, RHD header from Wortec or tune/mod as you wish, simple fact is anything you could achieve NA now you can easily add another 25-30HP to that due to the PI/DI and higher compression ratio.
2. Who knows, really hope so as its a fundamental part of MY18 and saves the need for messing around with suspension.
3. We got the PP stuff we needed, so stuff we did not get had no impact on performance.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
1. Maybe not but its an easy fix, RHD header from Wortec or tune/mod as you wish, simple fact is anything you could achieve NA now you can easily add another 25-30HP to that due to the PI/DI and higher compression ratio.
2. Who knows, really hope so as its a fundamental part of MY18 and saves the need for messing around with suspension.
3. We got the PP stuff we needed, so stuff we did not get had no impact on performance.
Indeed, but shows ford are willing to tinker with us, so, we'll wait and see, looking positive though!
Sponsored