OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Missed the chance to grab the cold start. Warm idle only sorry.
Headers with cats, no mufflers.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck man that was good enough for me !! I can't believe how a tight fit everything is , when your talking millimetres that's pretty scary !! Well done bro

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck man that was good enough for me !! I can't believe how a tight fit everything is , when your talking millimetres that's pretty scary !! Well done bro
Thanks Greg. It was a PITA install for sure but I found that the passenger side took half the time and was a lot less hassle.
I'd love to see the Pacemakers next to a set of Hurricanes. I reckon I could identify the potential clash point differences quite easily now, having spent that much time looking up and wondering wtf? :frusty: :doh::headbang:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Greg. It was a PITA install for sure but I found that the passenger side took half the time and was a lot less hassle.
I'd love to see the Pacemakers next to a set of Hurricanes. I reckon I could identify the potential clash point differences quite easily now, having spent that much time looking up and wondering wtf? :frusty: :doh::headbang:
yeah id too like to see that!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you update regarding whether dropping the engine 3/4" causes any issues with driveline angles? Also, NVH added? I am actually considering dropping my engine .5" if only to experiment if it helps body roll noticeably. I don't think it will, but curious...
[MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]
Mate, the mounts are FIRM. Don't believe the hype, they DO add NVH.
I can feel the engine vibrations through the floorpan and the steering wheel. The dash has a new and entirely shithouse rattle (the panel under the steering wheel).
I'm genuinely thinking about removing them. It's THAT bad. Fine for a racecar, but no good for a car that needs some manners.
If the Whipple needs lowered mounts for clearance, I'll be reconsidering my SC options, and I LOVE Whipple.
Each to his own of course, but this level of intrusion is just a step too far for me. :thumbsup:

EDIT: It seems that somehow I ended up with the wrong bushes in my mounts... black is for street/strip, hence the NVH
I've been in contact with [MENTION=13019]UPRSteve[/MENTION] about this and we are working toward a solution.
Steve was extremely prompt in his reply and very helpful. No complaints here.
I'm looking forward to trying the red ones. Seems that I'll be reviewing both types of mounts :doh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A mate thought he'd film the new but "soon to be gone" set up as I left his house.

The video doesn't capture the ridiculousness of the sound.
I passed a car load of P platers today and they were all hanging out the windows doing something like this :headbang:
Clearly I'm doing it wrong. :D

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't believe it, the weirdest thing happened on the weekend.
I saw a bloke in a 2015+ Mustang doing some testing with his headers and exhaust system...
Luckily, I was able to film it.
But, cos it's not my car, I thought I should protect his identity by manipulating the images.
Sounds to me like the car doesn't like to get any traction in second gear? :shrug:
Sponsored