Sponsored

Re-painting Brembo calipers

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I contacted Brembo on Facebook asking advice for re-painting the black and white GT350 rear calipers I've ordered from the US to match the front calipers.

They basically said "don't", but conceded that there would be some people expert enough to do it without stuffing them up.

I have no intention of doing this myself but am willing to pay someone who can do a good job. Do you guys know of anyone in the Brisbane, Gold or Sunshine coast areas that could do this please?
Sponsored

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Probably some decent shop that does powder coating would do, but can't recommend anything specific unfortunately.

I was considering it as well, but decided against it. Got quoted $550 for it down here in Melbourne and after some photoshop job, I realised that, personally, I really don't like it very much.

Will probably buy a dashcam instead for that money... or a spoiler... or... or... damn, cars is an expensive hobby!

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Found a place in Brisbane that does it. They paint the caliper while it's still on the wheel, so there's no disassembly required - which *should* negate the issues Brembo is talking about.

http://www.alloydoctor.com.au/
What issue is Brembo talking about? Also did you buy bigger calipers for Rear?
I was thinking of painting myself, but if someone else can do it in a reasonable price, I will consider it. Thanks for sharing the info.

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
I bought four-piston calipers from the GT350 and a conversion kit to make them fit on the GT. I contacted Brembo on Facebook and they sent me this link:

http://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/5-reasons-not-to-use-repainted-brake-calipers-brembo
I guess that's just an attempt on their part to sell more prepainted calipers, a lot of things they said do not make any sense.
A carefully and properly painted caliper is not going to do any harm. Thanks for sharing the link.
One of the fellow member contacted the guys in Brisbane and they quoted $100 per corner, including high temp decal, base coat and clear coat. I might consider getting it done by them, if they do a good job.
Sponsored