OzS550

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Thank you everyone for you constructive replies. Seems 1 7/8 is the best bet regardless NA or FI.

We have a few RHD options for headers here in Australia but not the range you guys have of course.

From headers back we're ok and can use any system. It's just a matter of finding one that suits. I know many are after the old school V8 rumble but the Coyote is not exactly an old Cleveland or Windsor...
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
You can have both just need multiple straight through resonators/mufflers. I have front mini bullet resonators and long mid resonators but muffler delete in the rear. I'll be adding rear mufflers back onto mine here soon (probably doing a SLP LM2 AB) just to tame it a little more. It was perfect volume and tone before the headers now it's a bit too raspy and loud and boomy at part throttle. Everyone thinks I'm racing them when I'm at 1/4 throttle and shifting at or before 3000 RPMs lol.
Right, it can be tricky quieting down a car with LT's and not kill power with restrictive mufflers/resonators.
One item l don't hear mentioned much are the straight-through "powersticks" http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html

Not sure what the consensus (if any) is on these? Maybe not much in the way of sound deadening, l don't know.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The above is a lot of the type of "mufflers" use on Harleys. They work.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Right, it can be tricky quieting down a car with LT's and not kill power with restrictive mufflers/resonators.
One item l don't hear mentioned much are the straight-through "powersticks" http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html

Not sure what the consensus (if any) is on these? Maybe not much in the way of sound deadening, l don't know.
I've got 3 sets of straight through race bullets on my car now with long tubes. I added rear bullets instead of the LM2s. I love it it's silent when I want (no drone either) and it still screams at wide open.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
another nice option is our pypes stepped, 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped, great value for the $$

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
This. I've had both and 1 7/8" are superior overall even in the lower RPMs.
LOL, there is no legitimate reason to get 1-3/4 headers. I'm not even sure why they even make them that size. Maybe for extra clearance, I don't know. But do yourself a favor and just get the bigger ones. Even if you plan to stay NA.
I'm just curious if either of you have substantive data to prove your theory?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm just curious if either of you have substantive data to prove your theory?
I was just about to ask the same thing. I see people on here all the time talking about how 1 7/8 outperform 1 3/4, but not once has anyone provided any data. Also, the performance will depend upon what other mods are done to the car. Bigger is not necessarily always better. Personally, I'd like to see some real objective data to see what differences-if any-there are on a "standard" bolt on car (exhaust, CAI, tune). Forced induction or highly modified cars are obviously a different story.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I know people with 1 3/4, Pypes stepped headers, and 1 7/8. Nobody has been faster than the other just because of the headers. If I found a set of 1 3/4 pipes that were quality, ceramic coated, and included cats for a great price, I'd be happy to have them since I'm NA.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I will be doing a dyno test of 1 3/4" headers on an exhaust/tune only car (LTH headers/cat back & Lund Flex Fuel on E85). I'm then going to add a Sniper intake and do it again.

I know people with 1 3/4, Pypes stepped headers, and 1 7/8. Nobody has been faster than the other just because of the headers. If I found a set of 1 3/4 pipes that were quality, ceramic coated, and included cats for a great price, I'd be happy to have them since I'm NA.
Give these headers a look, make sure you call and ask for the best price ;)
www.longtubeheaders.com

[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION]

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Give these headers a look, make sure you call and ask for the best price ;)
www.longtubeheaders.com

[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION]
Thanks for the recommendation, but... $1800 is Kooks money. "Titan" finish for "added durability"? The finish (ceramic) is supposed to be for heat - don't see a point in getting a coating otherwise. Do you have these headers?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the pypes are a great buy for the $$, one of our best sellers.

hit us up for forum specials

we had a member car here on a basic e85 / whipple setup we do, 759 e85 on the dyno

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I need to come across a system that isn't ridiculously loud that sounds good before I buy anyone's headers. So far, no luck. Can't get on many road courses with header noise.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Thanks for the recommendation, but... $1800 is Kooks money. "Titan" finish for "added durability"? The finish (ceramic) is supposed to be for heat - don't see a point in getting a coating otherwise. Do you have these headers?
They aren't coated, its a surface prep that doesn't wear/chip/flake. IMO I don't see a point in coating 1 3/4" headers. Clearance is more than adequate and gas velocity is going to remain high due to the dimensions, I don't believe keeping heat in them will make much, if any, difference (in any 1 3/4" header).

I do have a set on my car and I've either owned or handled all of the top tier headers and the fit and finish of these belongs right in that group.

$1800 is a lot of money for headers, but I'm sure if you gave them a call you'd get a better price.

I don't want to come off as pushy, just sharing my experience.:ford:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I need to come across a system that isn't ridiculously loud that sounds good before I buy anyone's headers. So far, no luck. Can't get on many road courses with header noise.

The noise is my concern too. I currently have the headers (catless) and a LTH catback that sound like a catless GT350 in sport mode. It's wicked, but way too much for the road course. Heck, even in my region there are little to know regulations but I can't imagine dealing with it for an entire session without ear pro.

Keeping cats will help some but the key I have found is to have a good resonator in the mix and a good set of mufflers.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They aren't coated, its a surface prep that doesn't wear/chip/flake. IMO I don't see a point in coating 1 3/4" headers. Clearance is more than adequate and gas velocity is going to remain high due to the dimensions, I don't believe keeping heat in them will make much, if any, difference (in any 1 3/4" header).

I do have a set on my car and I've either owned or handled all of the top tier headers and the fit and finish of these belongs right in that group.

$1800 is a lot of money for headers, but I'm sure if you gave them a call you'd get a better price.

I don't want to come off as pushy, just sharing my experience.:ford:
Dude - open the hood of a car with coated headers after a drive. Then open the hood of a car without. YUUUUUUGE difference in radiated heat.
Sponsored