OP
OP
JCasale

JCasale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They also said they have to disconnect the passenger ac line and its 110 to refill it. Never heard of this :/.
Sponsored

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
They also said they have to disconnect the passenger ac line and its 110 to refill it. Never heard of this :/.
no they don't...i did my headers on jack stands with a friend in 1 day (10 hours total time) which would ahve been shorter if we knew before to take out the battery box. We didn't have to disconnect any lines.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
If they're saying they have to disconnect an AC line, run from that shop. Now. I also did mine on jack stands in a one car garage.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Curios why remove the battery box? I have done headers twice on 15 + cars and never even considered this...... I'm being serious, I cant see it helping enough to warrant the extra steps but if it does I'd like to know because I will be doing a set for a buddy soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCasale

JCasale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea i was very confused as why they would need to remove it. They said theyve done 100's of longtube headers install. Thanks

If they're saying they have to disconnect an AC and line, run from that shop. Now. I also did mine on jack stands in a one car garage.

OP
OP
JCasale

JCasale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Alright thanks man!

no they don't...i did my headers on jack stands with a friend in 1 day (10 hours total time) which would ahve been shorter if we knew before to take out the battery box. We didn't have to disconnect any lines.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Curios why remove the battery box? I have done headers twice on 15 + cars and never even considered this...... I'm being serious, I cant see it helping enough to warrant the extra steps but if it does I'd like to know because I will be doing a set for a buddy soon.
It makes getting at the pass side rear bolts way easier. Pull the battery, battery box, and the heat shield that runs along the k brace. Maybe non PP cars don't have this? I don't know.
Sponsored