Sponsored

We can all be happy to have a 2015-17

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hold on you like the refresh because it sounds raspier but you dislike the Xtreme because its loud noise? The Extreme is hugely raspy and loud, not to my taste hence I went sport for deeper tone and just a touch of rasp.
Well i thought they sounded different, the Corsa sounded a bit samey while the refresh had more pops & bangs from unburnt fuel!
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Well i thought they sounded different, the Corsa sounded a bit samey while the refresh had more pops & bangs from unburnt fuel!
Mine pops and bangs, though admittedly the 87mm throttle body seem to cause that along with making it sound a whole lot deeper and meaner.

But the Xtremes I have heard are very raspy and hugely loud, but I'd not say just noise, there is tone but loud, they do however just become a noisy raspy horrible sounding mess when matched up with headers or decats. All the Xtremes I've heard have a lot of pops and crackles too.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa, I like it now.

Yeah the vert seems a vast improvement, I normally dislike verts and to me MY15-17 is a nice vert, but MY18 whoa, very nice.

Coupe the front-end needs some aggressive adding in, though some colours are fine, everything else though I prefer, rear on new car is better.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32328356621_53ccedfddd_c.jpg

Totally loving that hood, looks amazing!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
still not a fan of that front bumper particuarly the lower grill but I won't be changing anyway keep this for a couple of years as a daily then stick it in garage with others and then move on whether its a mustang or not at that time don't know. Really fancy an f150 raptor though

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still not a fan of that front bumper particuarly the lower grill but I won't be changing anyway keep this for a couple of years as a daily then stick it in garage with others and then move on whether its a mustang or not at that time don't know. Really fancy an f150 raptor though
I love it, has much more of a GT350 look to it. :)

F150 Raptor is absolutely stunning had a sit in one whilst I was Vegas, absolutely lovely and the titanium shift paddles felt really good. Plus it was huuuuuge too, everyone would totally move out of your way.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Being in discussion with Ford UK, about MY18.

They are telling me, they will decide the specification of MY18 and are giving it some thought. :(

My guess is this means we won't get base cars with all the options like the Americans do again. :(

Lets just hope the base specification includes the stuff that makes the upgrade worth while, for me that is a minimum of digital dash, magneride suspension. Though I'd really like to see the active exhaust and Forged wheels too. Of course with P4 S and not crap Pzero!

The only advantage of this it does mean the UK price could be competitive again against a similar spec US car like it is now.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
So by saying "All options available..." is actually saying "We are thinking about what we offer.. cos we can do what we like". Not quite the same thing...

As with anything; we'll have to wait and see like we did for the first car. I'm sure it'll be "good" if not "what we want". Perhaps along the lines of "Not the S550 the UK wants, but the S550 the UK deserves" :/

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So by saying "All options available..." is actually saying "We are thinking about what we offer.. cos we can do what we like". Not quite the same thing...

As with anything; we'll have to wait and see like we did for the first car. I'm sure it'll be "good" if not "what we want". Perhaps along the lines of "Not the S550 the UK wants, but the S550 the UK deserves" :/

Well I have translated their response as UK will get a base car that has several USA options as standard, just like MY15-17 comes with premium trim and modified Performance Package as standard. Of course they are saying it is not final and is being worked on and will be communicated through official channels in coming months.

As such my response was, if you want to win the Media over, keep the price good but make sure we get the following:
- PP with Magneride and P4 S tyres: This will vastly improve handling and lap times, which will impress reviewers and they will no longer slate it for its lack of grip, floaty ass and lack of precision.
- Make sure full spec interior with upgrades and digital dash: Might help with killing comments such as cheap plastics.
- 10-speed: Will help to reduce negative comments media had on the old slow 6-speed for those opting for AUTO.

Hopefully they listen, I did add in how as a nice bonus the active exhaust would be lovely so we get all toggle switches fully working like our American friends, though of course not absolute necessary as we can fit our own exhaust, though it would save us customers a lot of cash if we got it standard as it does sound very good and a centre resonator removal/mod would be £200-£300 to make it nasty nasty loud like the 350 R. :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As such my response was, if you want to win the Media over, keep the price good but make sure we get the following:
- PP with Magneride and P4 S tyres: This will vastly improve handling and lap times, which will impress reviewers and they will no longer slate it for its lack of grip, floaty ass and lack of precision.
- Make sure full spec interior with upgrades and digital dash: Might help with killing comments such as cheap plastics.
- 10-speed: Will help to reduce negative comments media had on the old slow 6-speed for those opting for AUTO.

Hey, Gibbo, please go back and add this to the list of must-haves:

• That dual mode exhaust (even if we only get it as an option)
  • Working front DRLs (as in the 3 gills on the headlamp)
  • Red rear tail lamps

Oh, and a RHD '19MY Mach 1 :ford:

Tell them to get a representative on here to listen to the core Mustang enthusiasts, as it appears Mr Barratt is conspicuous by his absence :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, Gibbo, please go back and add this to the list of must-haves:

• That dual mode exhaust (even if we only get it as an option)
  • Working front DRLs (as in the 3 gills on the headlamp)
  • Red rear tail lamps

Oh, and a RHD '19MY Mach 1 :ford:

Tell them to get a representative on here to listen to the core Mustang enthusiasts, as it appears Mr Barratt is conspicuous by his absence :)

I gave them bare essentials, if we hit them with too much it will increase cost above what they consider a sweet spot and then we will probably get nothing.

I did say though the dual exhaust is really wanted, so please make sure we get it stock or as option.

The rest lets not confuse them, they will work if they can, otherwise they will only disable those due to some stupid UK law and it is something we can fix ourselves easily anyway.

The stuff like Magneride, digital dash and 10-speed would be very difficult and hugely expensive to add as an after thought because they also have their own ECU's controlling them.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Be careful they don't pay for these by dropping things we like e.g. Brembos (a la Cali Special), LED lights (meant to be standard but as a £1000 option on a Mondeo, not cheap)

And don't forget to get all the other RHD territories on board; the Aussies have more clout than us. Unless their market is saturated.

We need to remember they don't necessarily want the enthusiast market; we already bought one and are already the best adverts for the car. What is their next target, or can they afford a subsidised 'halo' car?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We need to remember they don't necessarily want the enthusiast market; we already bought one and are already the best adverts for the car.
They'll also want their existing customers to upgrade. That's probably an easier sell for them, than trying to get conquest sales from other marques :)
Sponsored