Sponsored

DIY radio delete bezel

TP-8250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT-350 TP
16' Track pack owner here. After owning the car for almost a year I may have used the radio once...maybe twice? Would I really miss it if it wasn't there? No. Maybe the backup camera but the only place this car backs into is my garage so I can live with that. And honestly having all those number buttons and such in the center stack simply made it look too cluttered...dare I even say ugly. So I played around with a bunch of ideas and finally put this bezel cover together. I promised myself that it had to look like it could have come that way from the factory or it won't go in the car. It's a cut down piece of abs plastic which I wrapped in a faux suede cloth and attached it to a spare base radio bezel which I cut/modified to remove the trim around the screen and buttons. I have some black piping coming in to install around the edges to clean up some of the unevenness of the wrap job - will share those pics once it comes in and gets attached. So what's the verdict? Clean enough to go into the 350 or stay away? Too tacky? Open to suggestions on design changes as well.

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

If I decide to keep it I'll most likely get a new radio bezel and do the work all over again since all the pieces are a bit rough given this was the first attempt. Now that I know what to do and to do it, I should be able to make this look even cleaner.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

TP-8250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT-350 TP
Well figures that the piping would arrive shortly after making my post. Can't let car modding wait till tomorrow so I went ahead and added it between the original bezel and the delete panel and I think it works. I went ahead and installed everything in the car to get the final verdict. I think I'll keep it for now and give it some time before I re-evaluate.

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Or maybe get a graphic that duplicates your chassis plate on your dashboard and stick it in the middle of that radio delete cover. Just something to break it up.

lmar77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TrackPack
I'm thinking about doing something similar, can you repost the picture of the finished cover?
Sponsored