Sponsored

Watson Engineering Roll Bar Install

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I have the same one powdercoated in illusion cherry to match the car. I love it.
Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I have the Watson Roll Bar that Donson installed on the 350R prior to me purchasing it. I just learned last night how to disable the seat-belt chime for when I install 4-point harnesses.

My question is: Does anyone know if disabling the seat-belt chime will allow the airbags to deploy while using harnesses? With my seat-belt unclicked, I do not see the warning light anymore which leads me to believe the airbags will function as normal??

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I like the roll bar a lot but i am on the fence because of additional weight. I can not find weight info about Watson, only info that shiping weight is aprox. 75 pounds. That seems to me a lot of weight. I doubt that packing will be so heavy so most part of the weight must be roll bar itself.... In comparison Cooltec says 42 pounds. But even the 42 pounds is additional weight increase in car like R, where you try to decrease weight down as much as possible. Any opinions?
The box has a piece of plywood inside to protect the bars. I'd say it's less than 50 lbs. I did the gt350 r rear seat delete and rear seat belts delete. After that and adding the cage it's probably a wash. No gain or loss

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
If you're pushing the car hard enough that 50 lbs effects your lap times, you should probably have a roll bar!:headbang:

I like the roll bar a lot but i am on the fence because of additional weight. I can not find weight info about Watson, only info that shiping weight is aprox. 75 pounds. That seems to me a lot of weight. I doubt that packing will be so heavy so most part of the weight must be roll bar itself.... In comparison Cooltec says 42 pounds. But even the 42 pounds is additional weight increase in car like R, where you try to decrease weight down as much as possible. Any opinions?

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Would you say the minor cuts to the side panels are visible if the seats are re-installed? Just wondering if I should get replacement panels so I don't have to cut the originals....

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Got the down bars marked and bolted in place. Ready to drill the trunk. Open to recommendations on bits for anyone that's drilled this chassis. It's really tough to drill. Broke three bits installing the jack pads on the pinch weld. Also, does anyone know the torque spec for the 8mm bolts that secure the main hoop to the B pillar? They were little more than finger tight when I removed them. Watson said it's not in the service manual and recommended 44 ft/lbs, but that seems like a lot. The seat bolts are larger and only call for 35 ft/lbs.

Any photos of the underside. Brake lines moved?

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I have the Watson Roll Bar that Donson installed on the 350R prior to me purchasing it. I just learned last night how to disable the seat-belt chime for when I install 4-point harnesses.

My question is: Does anyone know if disabling the seat-belt chime will allow the airbags to deploy while using harnesses? With my seat-belt unclicked, I do not see the warning light anymore which leads me to believe the airbags will function as normal??
How do you disable the chime? I'm in the process of buying a roll bar and will be running a 4 point harness also.

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Is this just drill and bolt in kit? with no Welding required.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)

Mine was just over 61 pounds. I recommend upgrading the side bolts to at least 10.9 grade also. In my GTPP car after removing all the rear seat stuff and building my own 7# seat delete covers I still dropped 31 pounds of the 61 from the roll bar additional weight . The Schroth harnesses are a bit heavy though.