Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just wondering what everyone's opinions are of the wing, and how and if it affected highway speeds due to drag, as this car is my daily driver I don't want any negative impact on highway cruising. I'm debating between this and the DSS Carbon Fiber shaft but not sure if I want to deal with added vibration since I also have an MGW shifter.
Sponsored

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
It should provide noticeable downforce for the R at very high speed on track since no rear seats and trunk liner makes the rear end of the R 40+lb lighter. Consider both GT350 and GT350R were developed to be very aerodynamic I won't surprise the rear spoiler is functional other than just looking. I assume you won't drive faster than 100mph on highways most of the time so the drag impact would be minimal since the low speed.
Just my 0.02

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It should provide noticeable downforce for the R at very high speed on track since no rear seats and trunk liner makes the rear end of the R 40+lb lighter. Consider both GT350 and GT350R were developed to be very aerodynamic I won't surprise the rear spoiler is functional other than just looking. I assume you won't drive faster than 100mph on highways most of the time so the drag impact would be minimal since the low speed.
Just my 0.02
Thanks!

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Some of the aftermarket wings do not have the same design as the OEM, and will not provide the same aerodynamic benefits. Outside of the Carbon2Carbon piece, most others are also way too thin and have a considerable amount of flex.

I wouldn't waste the money on a poorly replicated part. I will say the Carbon2Carbon wing does produce a noticeable amount of drag over the track pack spoiler

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Some of the aftermarket wings do not have the same design as the OEM, and will not provide the same aerodynamic benefits. Outside of the Carbon2Carbon piece, most others are also way too thin and have a considerable amount of flex.

I wouldn't waste the money on a poorly replicated part. I will say the Carbon2Carbon wing does produce a noticeable amount of drag over the track pack spoiler
That's exactly what I'm looking for, not a lot of downforce :cheers:
Sponsored