Sponsored

Fake Mustang badging-is this a thing?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Spotted two poser mustangs in the last few days. Both were the 2011ish style and v6s. One had the gt500 graphic on the side, and the other had the boss302 striping and seats.

I'm fine with tribute parts to get a similar look, but i don't get the fake badging type bulls***. My car has super snake style stripes but i don't pretend it is. Is this something that is becoming more common?

Fyi, these were in Phoenix. RANT OVER. :shrug:
Sponsored

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
V6's had the option of a track package and Recaro's, it is very common for Mustangs to have C-Stripe's like the original BOSS from the late 60's.

What exactly is "the gt500" graphic? Do you mean the tape stripe along the side skirt? That's not really a GT500 specific thing. Lots of Mustangs and other cars have a stripe there.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I look at it this way...

Why was it considered SO SPECIAL to have different graphics on the aforementioned premium cars? Why do people fall for that bull. It's even worse they do it to a car that wasn't even a BOSS or GT500 or whatever... but the fact that a literal feature of those cars was those graphics? Please... they do nothing but make it look gaudy.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I did see a Mercedes badge changed from a 63 to a 65 one time. That is something that I did not understand. Why does this guy need to make his $120k vehicle look like a $150k vehicle?

Oh well, to each his own.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
^ Atlanta is full of posers with three number (e.g., S500) Mercedes and an eBay AMG badge tacked on (usually uneven). I just want to explain to all of them - this isn't an AMG, AMG never touched it, AMG's have two numbers... no other MB is an AMG. Take that stupid badge off and stop trying to be more than you and your corner used car lot Mercedes are.

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
The ones i saw had the 500 and 302 on them. I'm fine with similar striping but pretending to be one of those very special cars bothers me. But i am an upright a-hole

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Debadge

I actually removed the GT from the trunk for a pony. I just like the pony better. I did see some nice Boss 302 stripes on a 15 in the movie Daddy's Home. If I did put these on I would replace the 302 lettering though with S550

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
Whats worse is when you see a mid to late 90's mustang that has the GTR badge from the Nissan cars on them. Although I did put a 5.7 emblem on my Datsun Z car. (swapped a 94 Camaro SS LT1 into it though).
Sponsored