Sponsored

Clutch Pedal Misalignment

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Pushing down on the clutch, wouldn't reach the floor, found the clutch pedal hitting the plastic arm that holds the ignition cutout switch and the the switch plunger about half an inch off from making contact. Bent the plastic arm and have to press the clutch inward to clear so the clutch goes all the way down. The pedal seems tight, car is at the Dealer now for repair, what kind of cheap crap they using under there? did the pedal bend? Anyone have similar? Stay tuned. Oh ,this was on my sons 2015 GT.
Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I can't even see how this would happen.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The Mustang pedals are probbly the sturdiest I have ever owned.
All japanese clutch pedals have very thin metals and wobble from side to side.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Had the car at the dealer, they reinstalled the spring , put a new switch in and when they couldn't push the clutch to the floor, wanted to keep the car for three weeks and send it to there transmission shop. We tried to explain the problem best we could with Galpin Fords two 18 year old looking female service writers. Give me a brake! So we picked up the car , said It wasn't a warranty claim, had to pay $280 to get them to release the car while about four mechanics stood around trying to start it! did it myself and got out of there. THis is in Reseda ,Ca. Steer clear of them! I took another good look at the pedal Assyrian today and found it cracked at the top where it is attached to the pivot tube! stay tuned!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Here what you saying, but don't think so. Went to another dealer and talked with them.Car has 38500 miles on it so its out of warranty even though less than 3 years old. Anyhow the clutch and brake pedal are an assembly heres the part # if anyone has a similar problem, # FR3Z2455T, bought it online for $117. Dealer wanted $180. We will install it.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Update, recieved the new assembly today, looking closely at the clutch pedal to the shaft , it is not welded completely around on both sides. Almost like they want the pedal to crack off before the whole plastic assembly cracks apart? Brake pedal is similar.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Well I swapped out the stock assist spring assembly. Then I noticed I have a sideways flopping clutch pedal. On the good side, I figured out the weird pedal feel and notchyness at half way. The bad side I need to fix this. How much of a hassle was it to swap out? [MENTION=11228]Hattrick[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Whoa, sorry just saw your post, you probably took care of it by now ? The whole Assyrian was a big pain to r+r, which is what I did. I think it's possible to remove the clutch pedal only , with some luck and have it welded and reinstall it . I'm really surprised more people have not had this problem yet. The pedal is barely welded to the shaft. That was what cracked on mine.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa, sorry just saw your post, you probably took care of it by now ? The whole Assyrian was a big pain to r+r, which is what I did. I think it's possible to remove the clutch pedal only , with some luck and have it welded and reinstall it . I'm really surprised more people have not had this problem yet. The pedal is barely welded to the shaft. That was what cracked on mine.
Not fixed yet, still kicked to the left looking like a ricer with too much camber. I have a really stupid work schedule after a couple people were let go, which has put me on an ON CALL status almost 24/7 so getting to work on it is a challenge at the moment. I was not able to find anything documenting how to remove just the clutch pedal. Also when looking things up, the whole clutch/brake assembly seems to have to be purchased. I will look a little harder to see if I can just remove the clutch assembly and have it welded, since that would be much easier and cheaper. If you have any photos of it removed that I might be able to see how to remove just the clutch assembly please let me know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Ok, so mine was cracked pretty bad and wouldn't hit the clutch lockout switch, the car wouldn't start. Yours doesn't sound like its there yet. I bought the part from a dealer on the internet, it was $120 or so for the whole assy. Which is crappy plastic!. Local dealer wanted $180. Its a tight fit under there, If you disconnect the pedals and pop out the circlip its possible to get the pedal off the shaft, maybe? I would try that first. I kept the old pedals, ill try to post a pic of the crack. Good luck.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so mine was cracked pretty bad and wouldn't hit the clutch lockout switch, the car wouldn't start. Yours doesn't sound like its there yet. I bought the part from a dealer on the internet, it was $120 or so for the whole assy. Which is crappy plastic!. Local dealer wanted $180. Its a tight fit under there, If you disconnect the pedals and pop out the circlip its possible to get the pedal off the shaft, maybe? I would try that first. I kept the old pedals, ill try to post a pic of the crack. Good luck.
Tight fit isn't the word for it. The weld I believe that broke on mine seems to be the one that has the pivot bar run through the pedal shaft. If i take out the assembly I'm thinking ill just take it and get it welded up so I dont have to deal with this again. But I will await your photos if you can find some. I have the weekend off finally so ill be all up in it come Saturday morning.

OP
OP
Hattrick

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
Yup thats the weld, its only tack welded, Ford prob wanted that to break before the cheap plastic housing everything is attached too! Some of the bolts go through the brake booster at the firewall, real PIA. I will try to download pics, hear there is a prob with that? If u pm me your phone # i will text them to you. Good luck.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess i got lucky, my weld is broke off of the rod so the pedal still works. Its just floppy. I really need to get it tore apart take it and have it welded and just drive my truck before I get stranded.
Sponsored