Convertible exhaust?

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
Finally got my MF Street Cat-Back delivered today and installed about a hour ago! Boy they rock my 'vert! Hell ya!

But since I know the MF guy comes around, that 1 sheet instructions is just horrible and that just does not seem to cover it either. It's like the thing had been photo copied from 6 generations of photo copies - ha!

Lastly, did the hanger for the pipe behind the muffler change from hanging from the bottom to hang from the top? All the videos for install seems to show the pipe hanger from the bottom...
Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Finally got my MF Street Cat-Back delivered today and installed about a hour ago! Boy they rock my 'vert! Hell ya!

But since I know the MF guy comes around, that 1 sheet instructions is just horrible and that just does not seem to cover it either. It's like the thing had been photo copied from 6 generations of photo copies - ha!

Lastly, did the hanger for the pipe behind the muffler change from hanging from the bottom to hang from the top? All the videos for install seems to show the pipe hanger from the bottom...
You can find the instructions with some higher quality color images here on our site:
http://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/19100.pdf

The hangers for the intermediate pipes are welded from the top side. Here is our product image for reference:

19100.png

If there are any other questions we can answer, please don't hesitate to contact us by PM or by phone at 1-800-990-0905!

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Yeah I had this exhaust (3" MF street cat back ) sitting in my house the day I took delivery of my newest 2015 GT convertible. I broke down the box, stuffed the whole thing in the trunk and swung over to HPP racing to have them bolt it on in a hurry so the wife wouldn't see me dropping new car parts in on day one lol...

So I've driven two stock 2015 Mustang GT convertibles and hey both have had SIGNIFICANTLY more exhaust drone inside just idling and cruising around. I don't know why, I've driven a handful of 2015 GTs and the only ones I've had with drone (sometimes ridiculously annoying) have been convertibles.

The MF I put in didn't alleviate that problem a bit. It's a little worse actually. Not usually when cruising at speed, just idle or low low rpm like backing out of the driveway or idle cruising down the alley etc. I find it really annoying.

Will this sound characteristic always be present with my convertible or would headers fix that glitch. I don't want my car to be louder than it is, for the neighbors sake, but I'd take a little more throttle volume to fix that low down rumbling ear drum vibrating drone it has, especially when cold.

Any experiences or thoughts are welcome!

Last edited:

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Any way to get that old school rumble for when you're driving slow down the blvd, but then stay quite otherwise? :)

FistLaw

FistLaw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT Premium Convertible
I’m running an x-pipe and stock mufflers and I love it. Not too loud but grumbly enough to hear very well especially when I get on it.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Anyone running an AWE Touring Axle backs?

Just listened to some clips and sounds like what I have been looking for....

Others have made some great suggestions to me, but after stumbling on this, I think it what I want....low rumble on idle/low rpm, not overly loud and NO drone....:headbang:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]POFzZrPDoH8[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I’m running an x-pipe and stock mufflers and I love it. Not too loud but grumbly enough to hear very well especially when I get on it.
Does it still have that drone sound when idling in gear or high idle?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I bought a set of Borla ProXs mufflers for my sons '01 GT and ordered the wrong set, center/offset and needed offset/offset. I'm debating on sending them back or having them installed on my '16.

jimbabwe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Convertible
Just a quick report on the ARH Catback H-Pipe install on my GT Convertible. The system is in and sounds great. The volume is reasonable during normal cruising and has the nice deep rumble you have come to expect from the ARH systems. WOT is a different story. My wife was following me home after picking up the car form ARH and when I floored it she said "it sounded like a bomb went off" which is to say the system is plenty loud when you thrash it.

Just as it should be....
Did the ARH cat back system bolt right up, or were there any modifications that needed to be made to get it to fit? Thinking of getting this system for my 'vert at some point...love the sound from listening to YouTube clips. Also, do you notice any drone on the highway with it? Thanks!

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
Did the ARH cat back system bolt right up, or were there any modifications that needed to be made to get it to fit? Thinking of getting this system for my 'vert at some point...love the sound from listening to YouTube clips. Also, do you notice any drone on the highway with it? Thanks!
ARH did the install as mine was the first convertible they did and was the prototype for the production models. That said it was a bolt in with the only caveat was they had to add a very small spacer for the rear brace for clearance. I am nit sure if that is still needed for the production models but it’s no big deal either way. It’s still a total bolt-in application.

As far as drone there is none to speak of. I did a 2,500 mile cruise last summer that included a lot of top down driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and loved every note the exhaust produced during the trip.

Sponsored

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
i wish i new what all was involved with making a spacer for the support bracing it would make my exhaust chossing so much easier almost rolled the dice and order the full arh exhaust but really would not like to chop up the underside off the car to get it to work

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Finally got my exhaust dialed in. Stainless Works longtube catless headers, borla resonator, and FRPP by Borla sport catback with quad tips and GT350 rear diffuser. Sounds INCREDIBLE. Deep and absolutely no rasp.
IMG_0835.JPG

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I got MBRP 3" Race with black ends installed. They look killer, and sound phenomenal. Unfortunately, there is some serious drone. I'll probably have to take them off as the wife can't stand it.
IMG_3449.jpg

00spy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
I had a 2016 GT Vert. I loved it. An 18 wheeler didn't. Totaled. I received my 2018 GT Vert in December. I now have 2500 miles on it. It has Active Exhaust. Best option I have on my loaded car. The quiet mode is super. Even with the top down it is just a little bit quieter than my 16. Perfect for everyday. BUT,,,,you gotta love it when you put it into Sport or Track. Sounds like I have a Borla or Corsa system. I have had so many car owners ask me what aftermarket exhaust I have. Most are very surprised to find out it was a factory option. My advice, this is the first box you check off when looking for a new Mustang.

Dhash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue CS/GT Convertible
I have had the AWE axle backs installed about a month now. The sound is just what I was looking for, I can drop into S to get that muscle car sound, but just driving normally in D it shifts out early and sounds tame. I think it is perfect for the convertible.

There is no drone at all.

My last mustang had the roush racing cat back, and it was much louder.
Sponsored