Sponsored

10 speed auto

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
I'm thinking of the 10 speed auto in the 2018 Mustang and have a couple of questions. If you're using the paddle shifter and you flick the gears down, does it go down one at a time as with the current 6 speed auto. If so, it would take a lot of flicking to get down to the right gear for good acceleration. I read somewhere that if you floor it in Drive, the box theoretically would go, say from 10th straight through to say 4th, or whatever gear is required, is that so and the same going up through the gears, ie 1,2,3,4 etc. on cruise, but may go straight from 5th to 10th. I believe the Ford F-150 uses the same box, different ratios, anyone seen or read any feedback on satisfaction with it?
Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I have a 2017 F150 ecoboost rental right now and it skip shifts down if you stomp on it.

It doesnt have paddles but it does have sport mode and a up/down shift button on the column.

Ive been pretty impressed with the ecoboost/A10 combo in this truck.

Id imagine the car in sport mode would skip shift too based on speed and rpm not gear by gear is what id expect anyways.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Using the paddle shifters you can only get 1 gear at a time. The computer doesn't "know" what gear you want.

However with pedal action, the computer can determine what gear to put it in based on the throttle input, speed of the vehicle etc.

Should be the same for the new auto.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The A10 has a gear skip function as already stated. Similar to existing DCT transmissions. Pretty cool technology. It'll be similar to the A8 in gm vehicles. Very nice crisp shifts in those C7 vettes

OP
OP

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
So there's really no point in having the paddles then?

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hopefully, Ford got the logic right on the 10 speed. On the 6r80, it sux on the track. One has to use the paddles. It's never in the right gear on a corner exit. On the street, you shouldn't be going fast enough to make a difference. You'd be a wiener if you were. :crazy:
Sponsored